Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 12, 2015 … My All … Really??

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 43

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Dennis Jernigan, who wrote the song, singing with Natalie Grant … You Are My All In All, along with many Scriptures proclaiming and showing that our God is all we need in life … that He is our sustenance … our living waters.


Highlight Passage Jeremiah 17: 7-8 [NKJV] … 
7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. 
============
Highlight Context - Jeremiah 17: 1-8 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
============

Reference Passage #1 - Psalms, Chapter 1 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  
… King David writes of the life-giving power found in obedience and living close to God’s living waters …

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 53: 6 [NKJV]
  6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
 … God, through the Prophet, declaring the coming Messiah to give us all we’ll need in life

Reference Passage #3 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV]
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
… Jesus’ promise to provide His enabling grace to cover our weaknesses …

Reference Passage #4 - 2nd Peter 1: 2-3 [NKJV]
9 And He said to me, 2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
… Peter proclaims the truth of all we have, in Christ, to live Godly lives …

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Joe Stowell, opens with a story about a friend of Stowell’s who lives in Montana, where the Big Sky country can seem so dry and barren at times. However, near the rushing rivers, such as the mighty Missouri River which traverses through the state, one can find beautiful forests on the banks of those bodies of water … as well as teaming trout fishing. It is the life-giving waters from those rivers which allow the vegetation to grow and the fish to spawn.

 And as Stowell writes in today’s ODB, this is the word picture which the Prophet Jeremiah uses [see the highlight passages copied/linked above] to describe the providence and power available to the believer who trusts in God and is obedient to His commands. God’s truth is our “living water,”… to provide the sustenance and empowering grace we need to live in this life. And we can thrive when we follow the Lord in all we think, say, and do. God wants our all so that we can give us His all.

 The challenge for me today is: … Am I giving my ALL to my LORD?

My Prayer for Today O Lord, … Show me where I can do all that You seek from me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: