Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 12, 2015: Yes, … Every Day!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 345  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a poignant video of the group, MercyMe, singing … Word of God Speak, proclaiming the reality of the God of Universe speaking to us through His word.


Highlight Passage:   Deuteronomy 4: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 ... especially concerning the day you stood before the Lord your God in Horeb, when the Lord said to me, ‘Gather the people to Me, and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.’ 
... God calls us to hear Him through His word.
============
Highlight Context – Deuteronomy 4:9-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… When God speaks and we listen, we are blessed.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 119 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… See the way this psalmist has built his relationship with God through His word.

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 55: 11 [NKJV] …  
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from my mouth. It shall not return to Me void, but shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper the thing which I sent it. 
… It's really just a matter of deciding whom we will follow, isn't it?

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NKJV] …  
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 
… God’s word is our primary channel to inspiration from and communication with God.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Poh Fang Chia, wrote in his devotional entry this morning of a fellow countryman who could not read and desperately wanted the author to read the Bible to him because he was so, so hungry to hear from God.

 When I came to know Christ as my Lord/Savior, after being an atheist for my first 39 years, a mentor turned me on to God’s word as the primary channel of communication between me and God; and after developing an EVERY MORNING habit (i.e., discipline) of quiet time, … reading, studying, and meditating on Scripture, … I came to realize that EVERY MORNING God, Himself, was speaking to me, … lowly me! And how incredible is that!!!

 So, since September, 1988 I have been starting each day with a prayer that God would reveal Himself to me through His word, … and that I would get to know Him more EVERY DAY, … through His word; and that promise has been kept by God EVERY DAY since.

 So, … I come here EVERY DAY; and as the song by MercyMe resounds above, God’s word speaks to me. A pretty good way to start EVERY DAY, wouldn’t you say?

 How about you? Would you like to hear today from the God of the Universe. Well, open your Bible [hard copy or digital] and dive into God’s #1 method of speaking to HIs kids … His word.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Speak to me, God, through Your word again today. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: