Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 31, 2015: He Watches Over Me

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 364  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a video of the lyrics of an old hymn, sung by the group Selah, … His Eye Is On The Sparrow, expressing the truth that God’s eye is always on His sparrow … but even more, He watches me … ALWAYS!!!


Highlight Passage:   Matthew 10:29, 31 [NKJV] …  
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. … 
31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 
… God watches over every sparrow … and most certainly He watches me.
============
Highlight Context – Matthew 10:27-31 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… If our God loves the sparrow, how much more does He love me?
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Deuteronomy 31: 8 [NKJV] …  
8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed. 
… God will never leave, nor forsake His children (that’s us) !!!

Reference Passage #2 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him; and He will direct your paths. 
… I trust Him; … He’s watching over me as I follow Him.

Reference Passage #3 - John 3: 16 [NKJV] …
  16 [I sure hope you know this one!] 
… How much does God really love me? … A way big bunch!!!

Reference Passage #4 - 1st Corinthians 2:9-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
 … Whatever we see beyond our selves is from God.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Dennis Fisher, uses a worldly scientific analogy to teach about the extent of God’s love for me (and you); and just how much He pursues us to break free from our selves and follow to the Savior. And on this last day of 2015, it’s a good lesson for me to remember how He came after me several decades ago.

In man’s attempt to save the endangered peregrine falcon, scientists attach transmitters to the birds to track their migratory flights [see attached photo]. But even with that, science can’t always know where these fast-flying birds are in the skies. The falcons often avoid detection from the radar tracking as they migrate. They are guided only by God’s imbedded nature.

But I hope all who’re reading with me here, as we move into the new year, know and believe just how much God loves His children [see John 3: 16], … just how much He pursues us [see Deut. 31: 8], … and just how much guidance He gives us from His Spirit to live [see 1st Cor. 2:9-12]. And as Jesus taught, if God loves a small sparrow (or a falcon) so much, … to guide those little creatures flight, … how much more does He love and desire to direct our lives [see Prov. 3: 5-6].?

Hey, dear one! … God’s eye is on the sparrow; and I know He’s watching me [and you] !!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Watch over me, Lord, as I move into the new year. Show me the way; and I’ll follow You! … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: