Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015: He Is “I AM”

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 354

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Mark Lowry singing singing the precious Christmas song he wrote … Mary Did You Know, declaring the reality of what was prophesied 700 years before Mary’s birth by Isaiah, that her baby would become the great “I AM,” … our Messiah, Who would one day usher in the greatest peace ever seen by man. … and THEN ON TO THIS LINK where Lauren Dangle sings her poignant contemporary Christmas offering … Noel, declaring the reality of whom, in reality, was found in that manger on the first Christmas. … He was/is the great I AM.


Highlight Passage:   John 6:38 [NKJV] …  
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 
… Jesus states His mission; but His Disciples didn’t get it.
============
Highlight Context – John 6:32-40 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… Jesus declare WHO He is; but His followers didn’t understand.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Luke 2: 7-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
... Ultimate truth was seen in the birth of our King, Jesus, … the great I AM.

Reference Passage #2 - John 6:35; 8:12; 10:9; 10:11; 11:25; 14:6; 15:1 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Seven times in John’s Gospel Jesus declares “I AM;” and we must believe HE IS to follow Him into Heaven.

Reference Passage #3 - Philippians 2:6-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Who Jesus was/is forevermore!!

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David C McCasland, had a very poignant devotional entry in this morning’s ODB. And I would advise those who want to be touched by this author to use the link below and meditate on his entry. However, what McCasland wrote today took me in a slightly different direction than the author’s, causing me to ask the most important question anyone can ask - and must answer - in this Advent Season.

And that question is … WHO REALLY WAS THAT BABE IN A MANGER? Because God’s word, and even more importantly, Jesus, was really quite clear on the matter. In the Apostle John’s gospel account, Jesus, on seven occasions, in seven different ways [see the links above] reported that He, the One Who was born in that manger scene depicted in Luke, Chapter 2 (linked above), is the “I AM” which God declared to Moses from that burning bush.

 Now, if one is to be a disciple of Jesus, as The Lord was trying to get His inner 12 to believe during His walk on earth, we must truly believe - deep in our hearts - that Jesus is Whom He declared Himself to be - i.e., GOD! And in so believing, we will find what He declared to Nicodemus that night in the garden … eternal life [I’m sure you know the truth of John 3: 16-17]?

 So, will you join me this Christmas in seeing that babe in a manger as the one He was to His mother, Mary? … GOD incarnate!!! … Please take in the two songs above; and I pray you will join me in worshipping the great I AM this Christmas … and forevermore!!!

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Yes, Noel, Noel!!! … My Lord!! … You are THE I AM; and we worship You in the manger, on that cross, and as You sit on Your throne in Heaven … forevermore. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: