Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December 23, 2015: One Size Fits ALL

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 356  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the group THIRD DAY singing … Blessed Assurance, declaring our praise of a Savior Who came to save all who would believe in His atoning work on the Cross.


Highlight Passage:   John 3: 16 [NKJV] …  
16 For God so loved the world (… you know the rest, I hope!!
… He was a “one-size-fits-all” Savior.
============
Highlight Context – John 3:10-21 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… Jesus came to be a WHOSOEVER Savior!!
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Matthew 4:18-19 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
 … He was a Rabbi for commoners.

Reference Passage #2 - Luke 2:9-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… He was the King worshipped by kings.

Reference Passage #3 - Philippians 2:6-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… He set aside His glory so that we could see Him as our Savior.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Joe Stowell, used a personal story to illustrate His teaching about the essence of our Savior. He wrote, Like most children, I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas. With great anticipation, I would snoop under the tree to see what toys and games awaited my eager grasp. So I felt deflated when I started getting things like shirts and pants. Grownup gifts were no fun! Then last Christmas, my kids gave me some cool socks with bright colors and designs. I almost felt young again! Even grownups could wear these socks, as the label reassured me: “One size fits all.” 

And this memory reminded Stowell, and hopefully his readers (me), that we have a Savior who set aside His glory (see Phil. 2:6-11) to come in a form (i.e., humanity) with Whom all could identify; … a baby born in Bethlehem [see Matt. 2 and Luke 2 above] for shepherds and Magi alike. And He came that common folk, like His Disciples [see Matt. 4] or powerful folk, like Nicodemus [John 3] both would respond to His call to discipleship and salvation.

 King Jesus was/is our “one-size-fits-all” Savior; and He came, as He declared to greatness in the garden (i.e., to Nicodemus, a revered Jewish leader), that He had come to save ANYONE who would surrender self to believe in Him as The Messiah.

 And He certainly fits me as my Savior!!! … How about you? … Do you have the “Blessed Assurance” that 3rd Day sings about (linked above) that the God-Man, Jesus, fits as Your Savior and Lord. Oh, how I pray that He does during this Advent Season and for eternity.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … I’m so thankful that You came to save me and ANYONE who believes in You as Lord. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: