Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30, 2015: Coming Soon, … I Pray!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 363  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the lyrics of an old country bluegrass song, sung by Ricky Skaggs … This World Is Not My Home, expressing the truth for all Christians that this sojourn on earth, with all it’s trials and struggles, merely prepares us for our real home in heaven where there will no longer be any tears and trials, … only glory with Christ forever.

 
Highlight Passage:   Revelation 21:3-4 [NKJV] …  
3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” 
 … The Apostle John sees the New Jerusalem, our permanent home in heaven.
============
Highlight Context – Revelation 21:1-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… We’re just passing through this life, as Christians, on the way to the next … to live with our Lord forever.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Matthew 22:38-30 [NKJV] …  
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
… Jesus’ invitation to rest from our worldly burdens, pains, sorrows, and trials.

Reference Passage #2 - John 14: 1-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
… Jesus told His disciples, just before the cross, that He was preparing a place for them to be with Him in Heaven.

Reference Passage #3 - Philippians 3:20-21 [NKJV] …  
20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. 21 He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control. 
 … Our citizenship is in heaven.

Reference Passage #4 - Revelation 22:20 [NKJV] …  
20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” 
 … Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! 
 … Oh yes, … for sure … come soon, Lord Jesus!!!

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Lawrence Darmani, teaches about this life and our sojourn on earth as Christians being merely a preparation for our true citizenship in heaven. And if you’ve taken the time to take in the attached photo, the old country song, linked above, and God’s truth/promises from His word, I would hope to sense a strong “AMEN” when we consider what we’re going through in this life and where we’re headed to the New Jerusalem, so gloriously depicted for the Apostle John in his vision of heaven described in Revelation 21:1-7.

Can I hear a resounding “AMEN!!!” … that one day, in glory, we’ll have no more sin to confront, … no more tears of sorrow to experience, … and no more aches and pains of aging?

Can I hear a clarion “HALLELUJAH!!!” … that we’re not permanent citizens of this fallen world, … that we, as Christians, have passports to our permanent home in Beulah Land?

Very personally, when I look around and I see all the sorrows and pain in this world, … when I hear the painful cries of those who struggle mightily with sin or disease, … and when I, myself, feel the pain in this earthy body, … I long for what the Apostle Paul promised, from God [see Phil. 3:20—21 above], … and I’m eagerly waiting (and I am!!) for my Savior to return and take all of His children [me included!!] home to be with Him, FOREVER, in heaven.

And now, as we close out this year, looking forward to the next days on earth in 2016, all I can do is repeat the wishes of the Apostle John, as Jesus promised him the Lord’s return soon in Revelation 22:20, by saying … COME SOON, LORD JESUS!!! 

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … And that is my wish and prayer here today, Lord. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: