Tuesday, December 08, 2015

December 8, 2015: What’s Our Gift for Jesus?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 341

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a poignant video of Becky Kelley singing … Where’s The Line To See Jesus, questioning where our minds/hearts are at this special time of year.


Highlight Passage:   Romans 12: 1 [NKJV] …
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 
… Our gift to Jesus should always be our living sacrifice of all He’s given to us.
============
Highlight Context – Romans 12:1-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… What gifts will we offer to our Savior for Christmas?
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 96:8 [NKJV] …
8 Give to the Lord the glory due His name. Bring an offering, and come into His courts. 
… Every day! … Not just for His birthday.

Reference Passage #2 - Ephesians 4:11-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… How about giving back to Jesus what He has given to us … HIS GIFTS?

Reference Passage #3 - 1st Peter 4: 11 [NKJV] …  
11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. 
 … God’s exhortation, thru Peter, as to Christians glorifying God in all that we do … not just at Christmas.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Julie Ackerman Link, reminded me - on my birthday - of what I should be giving EVERY DAY for Jesus’ Birthday, which we’re celebrating so heavily and commercially this time of year.

 And as I was meditating on the ODB exhortations today, a text came in on my phone from another brother in Christ, who was wishing me a very gracious, early morning, “Happy Birthday!” I was gratified; but with ODB author, Link, exhorting Christians today to be giving back to Jesus what He has give to us, I was more than a bit convicted. Here Link was exhorting me [us] to become a “living sacrifice,” as the Apostle Paul exhorted in the Romans 12 passage linked above (especially verse 1). And it all caused me to remember the cute, but poignant and pertinent song, also linked above, “Where’s The Line To See Jesus?

 Take in the attached photo, listen to the song, and meditate on the Scriptures above; and I think you’ll be asking much the same convicting question that I’m asking myself today on my birthday. And that is, … WHAT AM I GIVING BACK TO JESUS from what He’s given to me for Christmas and for my eternity? … And really, … what am I giving Him for every day of the year into the new year and beyond?

My Prayer Today:  Oh, dear Lord, … You’ve given me everything I am; may I be a living sacrifice, giving You back my all for Christmas and for all time. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: