Sunday, September 10, 2017

September 10, 2017 … We Are His Letters

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 253 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Joy Williams singing … Do They See Jesus In Me … poignantly singing of the desire all Christians should feel and pursue … for others to see Jesus in the way we live.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Corinthians 3:3 [NLT] … 
3 Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts. 
… A Clearly stated word picture of what we should be to there world, writing our love for Christ for all to read in the way we live.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Corinthians 3:1-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul expresses a word picture of what we should be, as living letters, expressing Christ to the world, letting them see Jesus in the way we write our lives.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … John 13:34-35 [NLT] … 
34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are My disciples.” 
… Jesus clearly expresses how others should see our discipleship being expressed in the way we live our lives.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, used a personal story about a relative’s love of writing letters as the same word picture the Apostle Paul wrote about in his letter to Christians [see highlight passage] about how our lives should be open letters of Christlikeness to the world. The ODB author wrote: My mother and her sisters engage in what is increasingly becoming a lost art form—writing letters. Each week they pen personal words to each other with such consistency that one of their mail-carriers worries when he doesn’t have something to deliver! Their letters brim with the stuff of life, the joys and heartaches along with the daily happenings of friends and family. 

It’s true that writing letters,“snailmail”style, is going by the wayside in this world of email, texting, and instant messaging on social media sites. But, as Christians, do we realize that the way we live our lives is an open letter to the world, writing in the penmanship of Christlikeness, … that is, … IF … we live as Jesus lived and loved?

When I was a teenager, and the love of my life lived in Holland, I wrote letters, at least weekly for two years, expressing my love to her, before she finally came over to the USA and we ultimately married. As we live our lives today, will we be writing letters from our lives showing Christ’s love and how He expresses that love thru the way we live (see the scriptures above).

Really, ... that is why you find me sitting down each morning, as I am right now, and writing my reflections from God’s love letter to the world (the Bible) so that others might read how much I love my Lord and how He has changed my life.

How will we all write a letter today about God’s love … for others to read from the way we live?

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Dear Lord, … let me an open love letter for all to read of You in the way I live today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: