Saturday, September 09, 2017

September 9, 2017 … Seeing The Father

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 252 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from the Larnelle Harris and Sandi Patty singing … I’ve Just Seen Jesus … poignantly and powerfully singing of the reality of our seeing God, the Father, when we see the essence of Jesus as we do thru His word.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 14:11 [NLT] … 
11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do. 
… But do we believe Him?
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 14:1-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus makes it clear that He is the only way to the Father.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Matthew 11:27 [NLT] … 
27 “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” 
 … Believe it! … In seeing the Son of God, … King Jesus …, we see the Father.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … John 10:30 [NLT] … 
30 “ …The Father and I are one.” 
 … How much clearer does He need to say it? … But do we truly believe it?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David Roper, used a cute story about Art Letter on his old TV show, Kids Say the Darndest Things, and a child’s quote which spoke volumes about how we see God by seeing Jesus. The ODB author wrote: Author and pastor Erwin Lutzer recounts a story about television show host Art Linkletter and a little boy who was drawing a picture of God. Amused, Linkletter said, “You can’t do that because nobody knows what God looks like.” 
“They will when I get through!” the boy declared. 

I used to love watching Art Linkletter interview those little kids on his clever TV show back in the late 50s [see photo]. And they would come up with some real gems of wisdom, like the quote above from a boy who just knew he could draw a picture of God.

Which brings up the question: “Do we know what God looks like?”

Well I do! And I come here to see Him and be with Him every morning, spending quality time with Him. And I see His essence by meditating on His word. And when I’m on my knees in this quiet place, I feel His presence. How about you? Have you been with King Jesus today? Can you say as Larnelle and Sandi sing in the linked song, “I’ve just seen Jesus?”

I hope so!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Dear Lord, … thanks for being with me here this morning. And I know that You’ll be with me all day today. … I’ll be back tomorrow for some more quality time with You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: