Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017 … No Turning Back!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 261 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of Katheryn Scott leading an audience in worship and singing the old hymn … I Have Decided to Follow Jesus … worshipping the Lord Who has called all of His disciples to follow Him


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 12:1b-2a [NLT] … 1b … And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2a We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. … 
… God, thru the author of Hebrews, shows all disciples of Christ how to run the race of life … but following our Messiah as He leads us home.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 12:1-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… After laying out all of God’s faithful followers in Hebrews 11, God calls us to faithfully follow Jesus, … the Author of our faith.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… If we trust our Lord completely, He will lead us where we need to go.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Acts 1:8 [NLT] … 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 
… The only way to be Jesus’ witness is to know Him and follow Him.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Matthew 28:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
... Calling us to go and make disciples of others, Christ declares He’ll be with us to the end of the age when He comes back for His Bride.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow Me. 
… Jesus clearly lays out the command for His disciples to follow Him

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David C McCasland, shows how the famous violinist, Joshua Bell, leads an orchestra while he’s also playing his instrument, … showing us that being in the orchestra, each member must follow the conductor. The ODB author wrote: World-renowned violinist, Joshua Bell, has an unusual way of leading the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, a forty-four-member chamber orchestra. Instead of waving a baton he directs while playing his Stradivarius with the other violinists [see photo]. 
Bell told Colorado Public Radio, “Even while I’m playing I can give them all kinds of direction and signals that I think only they would understand at this point. They know by every little dip in my violin, or raise in my eyebrow, or the way I draw the bow. They know the sound I’m looking for from the entire orchestra.” 

A symphonic orchestra is made up of many members, each playing different instruments, … all following a conductor, who leads them to play harmoniously together. And it doesn’t take a PhD in musicology or philosophy to see the need for the orchestra of Christ, i.e., the CHURCH, to follow our Conductor, … our Lord and Messiah, King Jesus.

The question is not, “should we follow Jesus [?].” He certainly made that clear to His disciples (see the reference scriptures above). No, the question clearly becomes, “WILL WE follow our Lord [?].” And I would pray today that all who read here with me are doing what Kathryn Scott sings in the link song, … deciding to follow Jesus … and NO TURNING BACK!

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Dear Lord, … I’m here, as I am every morning, Lord, to follow You out of my quiet time and into the noisy times of life. You show me Your way; and I will follow You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: