Monday, August 13, 2018

August 13, 2018 … My Time Is His

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 224 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Kathryn Scott singing the old hymn… I Have Decided To Follow Jesus … Lovingly singing of how following Jesus takes care of our time management.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 6:38 [NKJV] … 38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” 
… And if we apply this to the time in our lives, we should realize that if we give it in service to God, it will come back to us with God’s service to us.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 6:37-38 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus on God’s law of reciprocity … give and it shall be given unto you.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 90:12 [NKJV] … 12  Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. 
… A wise song on how to wisely use what time we have to learn and grow in wisdom.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 11:25 [NKJV] … 25  The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. 
 … God promises us a heavenly return on our investment of time for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:15-16 [NKJV] … 15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 
 … God’s exhortation, thru Paul, for us to us our time wisely in these evil times.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NKJV] … 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
… Everything that occurs in the time we have on earth is crafted or allowed by God for our good.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a personal story to illustrate how we must us our time wisely to serve God and others. The ODB author wrote: I headed into the post office in a big hurry. I had a number of things on my to-do list, but as I entered I was frustrated to find a long line backing up all the way to the door. “Hurry up and wait,” I muttered, glancing at my watch. 
My hand was still on the door when an elderly stranger approached me. “I can’t get this copier to work,” he said, pointing to the machine behind us. “It took my money and I don’t know what to do.” Immediately I knew what God wanted me to do. I stepped out of line and was able to fix the problem in ten minutes. 
The man thanked me and then left. As I turned to get back in line, it was gone. I walked straight to the service counter. 

“Hurry up and wait!” Ever said that to yourself? I sure have. Oh, so often in these “hustle-bustle” days and perilous times, I find myself hurrying to do something of such little importance in God’s scheme. I forget the eternal wisdom of the Scriptures above. And I lose sight of my desire to serve my Lord with the time He has given me for His glory and not my own.

So, today, may we all slow down - at east enough - to see that the time we have, if given in worship to our God, will be given back to us in service to our needs (see all the reference passages above). And if our time is given up wisely in service to others, God will be glorified and we will be blessed. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for the time You’ve given me to follow and serve You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, ... King Jesus, … O Lord, help me to use the time You’ve given me to serve and glorify you today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: