Tuesday, August 07, 2018

August 7, 2018 … Mercies In Disguise

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 218 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Laura Story singing her song … Blessings … poignantly singing of how the trials of life may be our greatest blessings in disguise.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Kings 17: [NKJV] … 15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. 16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah. 
… Things looked bleak for the widow; but Elijah showed her that God is in control in our worst trials.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 Kings 17:8-24 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God uses Elijah to show the widow that God’s blessings many time come in our worst trials. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10  Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, …  I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 
… Our God desires to lift us up in life’s lowest moments.

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s mercies, thru HIs faithfulness, are new every morning.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 6:6-10 [NKJV] … 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
… No matter how bad things look, our circumstances are for our good as disciples of Christ.

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… When our anxieties magnify, we Christians must take our trials before God’s throne of grace - WITH THANKSGIVING - and trust Him.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 4:16 [NKJV] … 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
… When things seem the worst, those are the times when we need to pray the hardest.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, used a personal situation to show that our God is always faithful, no matter how bad things appear. The ODB author wrote: During the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, more people were looking for work than there were jobs available. I was one of those job seekers. After nine anxious months, I landed employment as a copywriter. But the company soon fell on bad times and I was jobless again.   
Ever been there? It seems like the worst is over when suddenly the bottom drops out on you. 

I’ve sure been there, feeling about as low as one can, in the midst of the lowest of the low. How about other readers here? I’d bet many are thinking of such a time right now; but did you get thru that low time? Apparently you did … unless you’re there right now!

And I’m going to pray that all readers with me today have discovered the truth of what Laura Story sings in the linked song … one of my favorite song lessons about God’s grace, … which so often happens in the midst of life’s most challenging trials. And I also pray that anyone who might be in the midst of one of those trying times, can glean a lifting from God’s grace by meditating on the Scriptures above. … I sure have today!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for showing me Your faithfulness and Your grace in the midst of my trials.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Lift my soul and that of any reader here today with Your ever faithful, amazing grace. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: