Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 19, 2018 … God’s Glory in Creation

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 230 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images from Gordon Mote singing his song … Don’t Let Me Miss The Glory … poignantly singing of how we see God’s glory all around us in His creation.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 104:24 [NLT] … 24  O Lord, what a variety of things you have made!  In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures. 
… Look around and see God’s glory on display.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 104:24-34 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… The psalmist sings of God’s glory on display in creation.
=============

Reference Passage : … Romans 1:20 [NLT] … 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 
… To see God and His glory all we have to do is look around us at His creation

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, used his personal observation of God’s creation to remind us to look around and see his glory. The ODB author wrote: As an amateur photographer, I enjoy capturing glimpses of God’s creativity with my camera. I see His fingerprints on each delicate flower petal, each vibrant sunrise and sunset, and each cloud-painted and star-speckled sky canvas. 
My camera’s powerful zoom option allows me to take photos of the Lord’s creatures too. I’ve snapped shots of a chattering squirrel in a cherry blossom tree, a colorful butterfly flitting from bloom to bloom [see photo], and sea turtles sunning on a rocky, black beach. Each one-of-a-kind image prompted me to worship my marvelous Maker. 

The song linked today [please take the time to see the video] was written and is sung by a blind Christian songwriter, pianist, and singer; and having met Gordon Mote on a cruise to Alaska, we all got some incredible views of God’s glory, as Gordon sings, in Alaska. But Gordon Mote can’t see any of those glorious sights or even simpler evidences of our Lord as in the beautiful photo of the butterfly in the attached photo. But in his mind’s eye, Gordon Mote knows of the evidence of his God when he heard with us the crashing sounds of ice breaking away from glaciers, or the cries of the whales we saw, or even the birds chirping in the morning.

But we, who can see God’s glory in His creation, as it says in Romans 1:20, have no excuse to be able to behold what our God created for us. So, I pray we all look around today and behold the marvel of God’s creation and thank Him for it.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me the sight to behold You in Your creation and for all that I see, I praise Your Holy Name.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … O Lord, help me to see You all around me today as I look around to behold Your creation. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: