Thursday, August 30, 2018

August 30, 2018 … A Strong Foundation

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 241 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of hymn and lyrics from a worshipping group singing … How Firm A Foundation … poignantly singing of the reality of building our lives on the firm foundation of God’s word and life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 6:48 [NLT] … 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 
… When building a life, Jesus shows it wise to build it on His word and life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 6:46-49 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus tells of the wise builder who builds on a strong foundation.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 1:7 [NLT] … 7  Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. 
… Knowing and following God is the foundation of our lives.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 3:10-11 [NLT] … 10 Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.
… ALL things which occur in the life of Christians are for our good … from a loving/caring Father.

  Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9a [NLT] … 9 Each time He [Jesus] said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 
… Paul learned that he absolutely needed God’s grace in his relationship with Christ to deal with the weaknesses in his life.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. 
 … It is God’s sanctifying grace which allows us, as Christ’s disciples, to do what it takes to build our lives on Him as our foundation.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, uses a story about friends repairing their foundation to illustrate the reality of of building our lives on the strong foundation of Jesus Christ. After living in their house for several years, my friends realized that their living room was sinking—cracks appeared on the walls and a window would no longer open. They learned that this room had been added without a foundation. Rectifying the shoddy workmanship would mean months of work as builders laid a new foundation. They had the work done, and when I visited them afterwards, I couldn’t see much difference (although the cracks were gone and now the window opened). But I understood that a solid foundation matters. 
This is true in our lives as well. 

I really don’t need to add much more to this ODB entry to have anyone reading here, including myself, to do an inventory of the foundation of our lives. And I realize that being here day after day, in God’s word and journaling what I glean from my Lord thru His enlightening grace, is my way of laying more sold bricks of truth to the foundation of my life.

My life is the dwelling place of God’s Spirit, and it behooves any Christian to make sure that His Temple is built on the most solid foundation we can lay; and that is the strength of God’s sanctifying grace which comes thru God’s truth [i.e., His word] and by following His life.

So, as long as we know our Lord intimately and live from His truth, we will be able to withstand the strongest winds and storms which come our way.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, thank You, Lord, … for the strong foundation which gives me Your strength to uphold me in the storms of life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that I can building my life with You and Your word as my foundation. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: