Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22, 2018 … God’s Caring Heart

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 233 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and lyrics from Big Daddy Weave singing … Redeemed … poignantly singing of how we freed from the chains of sin and shame by the believing in the atoning blood of Jesus and repenting of our sinfulness.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 3:32 [NLT] … 21 And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife. 
… In spite of their sinful and shame, God gives them clothing before He expels them from the Garden, setting His plan of redemption in motion.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 3 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… God’s children sin and He loves them enough to set His plan in motion to save them. 
=============

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [NLT] … 16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 
 … God’s ultimate plan for the redemption of mankind unfolds as The Father gives His son to be the Lamb of God, saving all who believe on Him and His blood shed on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Romans 3:23-24 [NLT] … 23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. 
… Yes, we are all sinners, worthy only of death, but God’s love overcomes our sinfulness and redeems us with the blood of Christ.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:8-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… It’s God’s plan to save His children so that we can become His light in a dark world.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, uses an illustration of kids at play and their innate sinfulness to tell about God’s redeeming love. The ODB author wrote: My young grandsons enjoy dressing themselves. Sometimes they pull their shirts on backwards and often the younger one puts his shoes on the wrong feet. I usually don’t have the heart to tell them; besides, I find their innocence endearing. 
I love seeing the world through their eyes. To them, everything is an adventure, whether walking the length of a fallen tree, spying a turtle sunning itself on a log, or excitedly watching a fire truck roar by. 
But I know that even my little grandsons are not truly innocent. They can make up a dozen excuses about why they can’t stay in their beds at night and are quick to yank a wanted toy from the other. Yet I love them dearly. 

Kids at play, as the ODB author relates, seem so innocent; but then we see their innate character when they lie as they are caught in sin or wrongdoing. No, … even as young children we are born sinners, inheriting the sinful character legacy of Adam [see Genesis 3]. And all of mankind, even when we’re doing good things, and seeming so innocent, are basically sinners at heart (see Romans 3:23).

But even in the Garden of Eden, God set in motion a plan to redeem His wayward children; and we know that plan was fulfilled in the birth, life, and death of His only Son, … Jesus, … The Christ (see reference scriptures above). And in his love, as sung in the linked song, we are redeemed!.

Do I sense a thankful ”HALLELUJAH [!!!] from those reading here? I hope so; … but I will certainly offer up my gratefulness in prayer today for my Lord’s love and His saving grace which has redeemed this sinner.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You … thank You … thank You … for shedding Your blood to redeem me from my sin.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I do believe and declare loudly … HALLELUJAH for Your willingness to redeem me and take me to be with You in eternity. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: