Tuesday, February 26, 2019

February 26, 2019 … Seeking God’s Way

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 57

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube version with images from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing … I Will Follow Christ … powerfully singing of our need as Christians to do all we can to follow Christ’s way and His will thru His Word.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 23:12 [NLT] … 12  Commit yourself to instruction; …listen carefully to words of knowledge. 
… Following someone who knows where they are going is wise counsel.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 23:9-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Wise Solomon directs us to get wise counsel to follow in life in God’s direction. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 37:27-31 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We must always seek counsel from those who really know God’s way and His will.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Our prayer should always be to seek God’s way and His will on all the roads of life.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We need to beware following our own feelings which can lead us astray if we don’t truly know where we’re going. Trusting God’s way and following His will is always best.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Winn Collier, uses a personal reflection of a mistake to avoid in life when we’re seeking God’s way in life. The ODB author writes … On a recent trip to New York City, my wife and I wanted to brave a snowy evening and hire a taxi [see photo] for a three-mile ride from our hotel to a Cuban restaurant. After entering the details into the taxi service’s app, I gulped hard when the screen revealed the price for our short jaunt: $1,547.26. After recovering from the shock, I realized I had mistakenly requested a ride to our home—several hundred miles away! If you’re working with the wrong information, you’re going to end up with disastrous results. Always.  

That situation described in the ODB entry today would be like putting the wrong destination in a GPS and expecting to get to where we want to go, And that’s what the Lord wants to relay to us thru His word in the Scriptures above as well as the linked song.

Every day - every morning actually - I pray the prayer of King David in Psalm 139:23-24 for God to show me if there is any wicked way in me or ahead of me and to show me the way … HIS WAY … everlasting. But I know that He has given me free will to make my own choices in life; so, … I have learned to choose to follow those who are well grounded in God’s word, the perfect “GPS,” … i.e., those who’re committed to following Christ. And it’s also why I’m here every morning gleaning the right direction for my life thru my use of God’s GPS, … His truth. In that way, I know that I have the best chance to get where my Lord wants to lead me and to avoid the misdirection where my own feelings and mind can lead me.

And I pray that all reading here with me are following others who know how to negotiate life by using God’s perfect “GPS.”

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for providing Your perfect “GPS” for my life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to use God’s “GPS” - His word - to lead us in life as well as to choose to follow those who know His way as well. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: