Wednesday, February 06, 2019

February 6, 2019 … Love Changes All !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 37

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in YouTube with images and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Amazing Love … poignantly singing of the reality of God’s amazing and transforming love which changes all who receive His saving/sanctifying grace.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Acts 9:21 [NLT] … 21 All who heard him [Paul] were amazed. “Isn’t this the same man who caused such devastation among Jesus’ followers in Jerusalem?” they asked. “And didn’t he come here to arrest them and take them in chains to the leading priests?” 
 … God’s amazing love and grace changes all who receive it just as it did Saul of Tarsus. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Acts 9:1-22 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The story of Saul’s conversation to become the Apostle Paul certainly confirms the power of God’s love to change us.
=============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… In the heart of a true, born-again, Christian NOTHING can separate us from God’s love.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s love conquers all.

Reference Passage : … 1 John 4:17-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s love casts out all fear.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a personal witness to show how God’s love, in the heart of a born-again Christian, transforms us. The ODB author writes … Before I met Jesus, I’d been wounded so deeply that I avoided close relationships in fear of being hurt more. My mom remained my closest friend, until I married Alan. Seven years later and on the verge of divorce, I toted our kindergartner, Xavier, into a church service. I sat near the exit door, afraid to trust but desperate for help. 
Thankfully, believers reached out, prayed for our family, and taught me how to nurture a relationship with God through prayer and Bible reading. Over time, the love of Christ and His followers changed me. 

As one whose life was completely turned upside-down by God’s love [see photo], I totally identify with the message of today’s ODB entry. Some 3 decades ago I was an angry/argumentative atheist who did all I could to tear down the faith of the declared Christians around me. Enter Jesus … to break me of my selfishness and show His love to me (long story!).

And somewhat like Saul of Tarsus, who became the Apostle Paul [see highlight passage], I changed completely; and now every morning you find me here, starting my day trying to get to know my Savior and His love for me more intimately, … and to share His love with others in these journal entries.

Oh how I pray that all reading here have experienced God’s love, … love which casts out all fears (see 1John 4:17-19), … love which conquers selfishness (see 1Cor. 13:4-7), … and love which binds us to our Lord forever (see Romans 8:38-39).

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for your amazing … transforming … love.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me with thankful hearts today to praise our God for His amazing love. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: