Saturday, February 09, 2019

February 9, 2019 … Who Am I ?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 40

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in YouTube with song and lyrics from Hillsong United singing … Who You Say I Am … poignantly singing of how we find our identity in Christ through our relationship with Him and His promises of spending eternity with Him.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1John 3:2 [NLT] … 2 Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 
… Realizing this truth, I AM A CHILD OF GOD!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1John 2:28-3:3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru John, helps Christians know who they are and who they are becoming when we are face-to-face with Him in heaven.
=============

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 1:3-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, shows us who we are in Christ and why we are so blessed to be His children of grace.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
… God, thru Paul, gives us His assurance that He is doing a work in us to transform us into His own image.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, uses a reference to a children’s book which illustrates the biblical truth that we, as children of God, are being made over into the image of our Savior. The ODB author writes … Who am I? That’s the question a faded stuffed animal asks himself in the children’s book “Nothing” by Mick Inkpen. [See photo] Left in a dusty corner of an attic, the animal hears movers call him “nothing” and thinks that’s his name: Nothing. 
Encounters with other animals spark memories. Nothing realizes that he used to have a tail, whiskers, and stripes. But it’s not until he meets a tabby cat who helps him find his way home that Nothing remembers who he truly is: a stuffed cat named Toby. His owner lovingly restores him, sewing on new ears, tail, whiskers, and stripes.  

The ODB reference to that children’s book is a clever way to illustrate the astounding and wonderful truth that all born-again Christians (prayerfully you and me, fellow reader!) are children of God, our Heavenly Father; and we are being made over - right now! - into His images [see Phil. 1:6], which we will realize when He comes again and I see Him face-to-face in Heaven.

So, …. say it with me, fellow Christian, as the song sings, … “I am a child of God!!”

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for helping me to realize that I AM the child of a King.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to PTL that He is making us over in His images. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: