Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28, 2019 … Living the Redeemed Life

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 59

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube version with song and lyrics from Big Daddy Weave singing … Redeemed … powerfully singing of living the life of the redeemed sinner, living under the love/grace of the Savior.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 51:7 [NLT] … 7  Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
… David discovers and sings of the life of redemption and renewal which comes when a believer is willing to confess, repent, and be made new by the blood of Messiah.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 51:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… David sings His song of redemption, reconciliation, and renewal after his confession for His sins. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 1:3-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God reveals the spiritual blessing of His redemptive plan, … all wrapped up in our faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross.

Reference Passage : … 1 John 1:5-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru John, shows that we don’t need to live in the darkness when we are redeemed by the love-light of Christ.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … God, thru Paul, shows the new life we can have when we live lives of faith and repentance, covered by the blood of Christ’s redeeming love.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, uses a news story to illustrate how God’s redeeming love can change the lives of those who live in the reconciliation of Christ’s blood. The ODB author writes … The article in the local newspaper was short but heartwarming. After attending a faith-based program on building stronger family ties, a group of prison inmates were given a rare treat of an open visit with their families. Some hadn’t seen their children in years. Instead of talking through a glass panel, they could touch and hold their loved ones [see photo]. The tears flowed freely as families grew closer and wounds began to heal. 
For most readers, it was just a story. But for these families, holding one another was a life-changing event—and for some, the process of forgiveness and reconciliation was begun. 

Having lived in the darkness of hidden sin for many years myself and having been redeemed by my repentance and faith in the blood of our Savior, I know what it feels like to confess my sins, as King David did of the shame of Bathsheba, and to live under the forgiveness of Christ’s love and His redeeming grace.

And my prayer today is that all who read here, have experienced - and are now living - the life-changing redemption that Big Daddy Weave sings about in the linked song. Because God’s redeeming grace is a life-changer [see Scriptures above] and one I pray all live to receive everyday as we receive it thru our faith in the finished work of Christ.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for redeeming me. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to live under the redeeming grace offered and received by those who surrender to God’s love. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: