Monday, July 01, 2019

July 1, 2019 … Feeding the Hungry

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 182 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and song from Joy Williams singing … Do They See Jesus … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, should desire to have others see and find the love of God emanating from our faith and God’s love being shared with others.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: James 2:14 [NLT] … 14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 
… Our faith only becomes meaningful to others when we reach out and share the love of God with others.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: James 2:14-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Our faith in Christ is only seen when we turn faith into Christlikeness.
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:15-16 [NLT] … 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. 
… Jesus commands His disciples to shine His light forth for others to see Him in this dark world.

Reference Passage : … John 13:34-35 [NLT] … 34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 
… Jesus commands others to show God’s love for others by sharing that love with others.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NLT] … 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” 
 … We’ll only manifest the love of God when we’re sharing it with others.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. 
… We were created for the purpose of sharing God’s enabling grace/love with others.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, shares a story about a Christian convicted to help the hungry in India to illustrate to illustrate how we are all are commanded to show our love of God by sharing His love with others. And the ODB author wrote: Thomas knew what he needed to do. Having been born to a poor family in India and adopted by Americans, upon a return trip to India he witnessed the dire needs of the children in his hometown [see photo]. So he knew he had to help. He began making plans to return to the US, finish his education, save a lot of money, and come back in the future. … 
Today the orphanage he began houses fifty well-fed and cared-for children who are learning about Jesus and getting an education—all because one man didn’t put off what he knew God was asking him to do. 

Today’s ODB entry, the linked song, as well as God’s word above have convicted me to pray for God to use me TODAY … in some way … to show the love of God by encouraging or helping others, … showing that I truly love God by sharing His love in the way I love and help others.

How about you joining me in that desire and our actions today?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for giving me the grace and ability to share Your love with those in need.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to share the love of God with someone - perhaps someone in need - TODAY. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: