Saturday, July 06, 2019

July 6, 2019 … Sharing God’s Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 187 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Amazing Love … poignantly singing of God’s amazing love for us when we share that love with others.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1Peter 4:8 [NLT] … 8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 
… Sharing the love of God with others covers our sins.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Peter 4:7-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Peter exhorts fellow Christians, especially those oppressed by persecution, to share the love of Christ with one another. .
==============

Reference Passage : …John 13:34-35, 14:21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We show our love for our Savior when we share His love for others.

Reference Passage : … 1Corinthians 13:1-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We can do anything/everything for others but if it’s done without love, it is for nothing.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Anne Cetas, uses a sad personal story to illustrate how we need to do all we can - while we can - to share the love of God with our loved ones. The ODB author wrote: When my oldest sister’s biopsy revealed cancer in late February 2017, I remarked to friends, “I need to spend as much time with Carolyn as possible—starting now.” Some told me my feelings were an overreaction to the news. But she died within ten months. And even though I had spent hours with her, when we love someone there’s never enough time for our hearts to love enough. 

Our Lord has given us His “amazing love,” as Chris Tomlin sings in the linked song; but as Jesus and the Apostles Peter and Paul share in the Scriptures above, …God’s love goes for nothing if we don’t share His love with others.

We simply MUST NOT waste the time God has given us; and … we SIMPLY MUST use our time to go out [YES, TODAY!!] and share the love of God with others, … especially those whom we love in the family of God.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for giving me (us) time today to reach out share Your love with others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to do all we can to share Your love with as many loved ones as we can. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: