Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 14, 2019 … Imagining Glory

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 195 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics the lead singer from Mercy Me singing his hit song … I Can Only Imagine … poignantly singing of what our eternal life will be when we’re finally surrounded by God’s glory in Heaven.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Revelation 4:2-3 [NLT] … 2 And instantly I was in the Spirit, and I saw a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. 3 The One sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones—like jasper and carnelian. And the glow of an emerald circled his throne like a rainbow.
… We can’t even imagine what John saw when God revealed His glorious heaven to the Apostle. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Revelation 4:1-6[NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle John given the opportunity to see all of God’s glory with a vision of Heaven. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Ezekiel 1:28 [NLT] … 8 All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining in the clouds on a rainy day. This is what the glory of the Lord looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone’s voice speaking to me. 
 … Ezekiel given a vision of God’s glory in heaven.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul is given a brief vision of God’s glory in heaven.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Remi Oyedele, uses a story about a colorblind young man able to see color for the first time with special glasses to illustrate what we can only imagine it will be like to see God’s glory in heaven. The ODB author wrote: When Xavier McCoury put on the glasses Aunt Celena sent for his tenth birthday, he burst into tears. Born colorblind, Xavier had only ever seen the world in shades of gray, white, and black. With his new EnChroma glasses, however, Xavier saw color for the first time. [see photo] His euphoria at witnessing the beauty around him made his family feel like they’d beheld a miracle. 

That would be wonderful, wouldn’t it, … to see color in the world for the first time having been born color blind. And as the group Mercy Me sings, we can only imagine what it must’ve been like for mere men like Ezekiel [see Ezekiel 1:28] or the Apostle John [see Rev. 4:2-3] or also the Apostle Paul (see 2Cor. 12:1-4), who all were given glimpses of colors in heaven which they could not see in this life but will see one day in glory.

I can’t even imagine what it will be like; but I do know that I will see it all one day when I see the face of my Lord in glory. And I’m tempted to say that “I can’t wait;” … but I will, … because of what God has called me to see and to do in this life.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for what You have waiting for me in Glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to just contemplate what it will be like to see the face of our Lord surrounded by all that is His Glory. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: