Tuesday, July 09, 2019

July 9, 2019 … He Hears … ALWAYS

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 190 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Brooke Simpson singing the old hymn … Amazing Grace … powerfully singing that God’s grace is ALWAYS available to those who’re willing to prayer for it … no matter how lost we may feel.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jonah 2:1-2 [NLT] … 1 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from inside the fish. 2 He said, “I cried out to the Lord in my great trouble, and He answered me. I called to you from the land of the dead,  and Lord, You heard me! 
… God ALWAYS listens and He ALWAYS answers.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jonah 2:1-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jonah, facing death in the belly of a fish, prays.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … 1  I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. 2  Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! 
… God even bends down to hear us when we have trouble praying.

Reference Passage : … 1Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] … 13 The temptations [also translated “tests” or “trials” or “troubles” or “tribulations”] in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure. 
… God is faithful to show us the way, … His way …, ALWAYS … no matter what faces us.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God always wants us to bring our anxieties to Him first.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 5:7 [NLT] … 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 
… We’ve got to be willing to surrender our cares to Go. My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, uses a story about a wayward soldier who ran away rather than facing his fears and anxieties. The ODB author wrote: On July 18, 1983, a US Air Force captain disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico, without a trace. Thirty-five years later, authorities found him in California. [see photo] The New York Times reports that, “depressed about his job,” he’d simply run away. 
Thirty-five years on the run! Half a lifetime spent looking over his shoulder! I have to imagine that anxiety and paranoia were this man’s constant companions. 

Maybe we haven’t run from God, as did the Air Force Captain; or as Jonah did when God called him to go to Nineveh and preach. But I would guess that all reading here have had moments when it was difficult to bring our prayers to God because of guilt or anxiety.

Hopefully we don’t have to be thrown into the belly of a great fish for us to realize what Jonah realized (see highlight passage) … that God hears - and answers our prayers … yes, ALWAYS!! So, if any reading here are wrapped up with fear or anxiety, take it God … NOW! Because our God will even bend down to hear us (Psalm 116:1-2); and He cares enough to give us the way to handle our trials (1Cor 10:13 and 1Pet 5:7).

No running today … except to God in prayer.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for always being there to hear my prayers.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to take our fears and anxieties to God today.. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: