Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 23, 2019 … Watching Over Us - ALWAYS

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 204 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of the group, Anointed, singing … God Is All Around Us … poignantly singing of how our God is always watching over us and showing us His love, even in the blessings of the difficulties of life.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 33:14-15 [NLT] … 14  From His throne He observes all who live on the earth. 15  He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do. … God’s all-seeing … all-knowing love. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 33:6-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist assures us in song that God’s view of all things is His love for all in His creation. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus’ last promise to all mankind as He returned to Heaven to watch over us eternally.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:19 [NLT] … 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. 
… Paul knew that our God would ALWAYS supply ALL our needs for it was for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] … 5 …  For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” 
… God’s promise is to always be there for us … and forever is for ALWAYS!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kirsten Holmberg, tells a story about her mother to illustrate how our God watches over us … ALWAYS. … The ODB author wrote: I was as mischievous as any other child in my early years and tried to hide my bad behavior to avoid getting into trouble. Yet my mother usually found out what I had done. I recall being amazed at how quickly and accurately she knew about my antics. When I marveled and asked how she knew, she always replied, “I have eyes in the back of my head.” [see photo] 
This, of course, led me to study her head whenever she’d turn her back—were the eyes invisible or merely cloaked by her red hair? As I grew, I gave up looking for evidence of her extra pair of eyes and realized I just wasn’t quite as sneaky as I had supposed. Her watchful gaze was evidence of her loving concern for her children. 

The ODB author’s mom was like any watchful/caring/loving parent who does all she can to watch over, protect, and correct their children. And our God is like that; but His vision and watch-care is absolute and complete; and it stems from His love of His children and desire that they [we] grow into images of Himself.

But often we get in situations or life circumstances where God seems to have quit watching over us or caring about us. But far from it. As the group, Anointed, sing in the linked song and as Jesus has promised [see Matthew 28:20], our God is all around us and His loving watch-care never stops. And I pray that we all realize and recognize that truth today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for always being there for us, supplying us with our needs, … yes, ALWAYS!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to know that God is watching … and caring for us. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: