Thursday, July 18, 2019

July 19, 2019 … Who Is The King of Glory?!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 200 
[Blogger Note: Being posted on 7/18/19 due to travel schedule on 7/19/19.]

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and song from Joy Williams singing … Do They See Jesus In Me … poignantly singing of how the desire for all real disciples of Christ to reflect Christ into the world.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 24:8 [NLT] … 8  Who is the King of glory?  The Lord, strong and mighty; the Lord, invincible in battle. 
… The Messiah, King Jesus, is the King of Glory!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… David proclaims loudly in song … “He is the King of Glory!”
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:16 [NLT] … 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. 
… Jesus calls on His followers to shine His light of truth into a world darkened.

Reference Passage : … Luke 19:20 [NLT] … 20 Then He asked them [His disciples], “But who do you say I am?” … Peter replied, “You are the Messiah sent from God!” 
… Jesus asked His disciples the most important question everyone must answer to determine their eternal destiny?

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1 [NLT] … 1  Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 
… Are we living lives worthy of our calling as Christians?

Reference Passage : … Colossians 1:15 [NLT] … 15  Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, … 
… Jesus, the Christ, is the King of Glory … supreme over all He created.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xhochitl Dixon, uses story about a friend’s encounter with a famous person to illustrate a critical question we must ask/answer in our lives. The ODB author wrote: On our way home from our honeymoon, my husband and I waited to check in our luggage at the airport. I nudged him and pointed to a man standing a few feet away. 
My spouse squinted. “Who is he?” 
I excitedly rattled off the actor’s most notable roles, then walked up and asked him to take a photo with us. Twenty-four years later, I still enjoy sharing the story of the day I met a movie star. 
Recognizing a famous actor is one thing, but there’s Someone more important I’m thankful to know personally. 

And the husband’s question, i.e., “Who is He,” … if it’s framed in asking about Jesus, is definitely the most important question which each of us must answer in our lives.

Jesus at one point during His time on earth with His 12 disciples, was led to ask them … “Who do you say I am?” [see Luke 19:20]; and Peter got it right, answering that Jesus, was “The Messiah … The Christ … the Son of God.”

And I’m praying that all reading here have answered that question in the same way; and furthermore, I’m praying that we’re all living in ways which shine His light (Matt. 5:16) and reflect His worthiness as King Jesus (see Eph. 4:1 and Col. 1:15), … the “King of Glory!”

And finally, I pray as Joy Williams sings in the linked song, that all others see Jesus in the way we live our lives.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for being our King, Jesus!! 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to serve the King of Glory with distinction and worthiness. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: