Wednesday, September 04, 2019

September 4, 2019 … Following THE Light

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 247 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing Light of the World ... poignantly singing Jesus is the Light of the World Who we must follow out of the darkness of this world into His eternal light.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 1:3-4 [NLT] ... 3 Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. 
... God saw that the Light was good.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 1:1-5 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... In Creation, seeing that the Light God had created was good, He separated the light from the darkness.
==============

Reference Passage : ... Psalm 119:105 [NLT] ... 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
.. God’s word lights our way out of the darkness as we follow His light.

Reference Passage : ... Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
... Wisdom from God, thru Solomon, about using God’s way in the light rather than our own way in the darkness.

Reference Passage : ... Matthew 5:14-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
... By following the Light of the World, we can lead others out of the darkness into HIs light by reflecting His light with our good and Godly works.

Reference Passage : ... John 8:12 [NLT] ... 12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” 
.. Following Jesus is following the Light.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Patricia Raybon, uses a story to illustrate how coming out of the darkness into the light makes life so much more livable. … The ODB author wrote: The restaurant was lovely but dark. Only one small candle flickered on every table. To create light, diners used their smartphones to read their menus, look to their tablemates, and even to see what they were eating. 
Finally, a patron quietly pushed back his chair, walked over to a waiter, and asked a simple question. “Could you turn on the lights?” Before long, a warm ceiling light flashed on and the room erupted with applause. But also with laughter. And happy chatter. And thank-yous. My friend’s husband turned off his phone, picked up his utensils, and spoke for us all. “Let there be light! Now, let’s eat!” 
Our gloomy evening turned festive with the flick of a switch. [see photo] 

I’m sure all reading here identify with the word picture above of turning on the light to be able to do life more effectively than in the darkness. And I also hope - and pray - that we all see that following the “Light of the World,” our Lord, King Jesus, and the truth of His word, we can walk the path of life so much more effectively (see Ps. 119:105) than if we try to grope in the darkness of following our own way (see Prov. 3:5-6 and John 8:12).

Hence, you find me here, starting out each day by seeking the path of Christ’s light, … by flipping on the switch of truth from His word and letting it guide my path each day. And I pray - EVERYDAY - that He shines His light on my path so brightly that I can’t help but see and follow it. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for lighting my path in life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to seek and follow HIs light. . … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: