Sunday, September 29, 2019

September 29, 2019 … He ALWAYS Is Able …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 272 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing Be Still and Know ... poignantly singing of how we need to know that we serve Who is alway able to give us His strength when we feel inadequate.



==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Exodus 3:14 [NKJV] ... 14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”
... We may not be whom we need to be; but God is always Whom He needs to be.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Exodus 3:10-17 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Moses didn’t feel up to his calling as deliverer; but he had to learn that God always is able to give us what we need if He calls us to serve Him.
==============

Reference Passage : ... 1Kings Chapter 19 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK .
.. Elijah, running from Jezebel, feels totally depleted and wants to die; but God restores him.

Reference Passage : ... Psalm 46:10 [NKJV] ... 10  Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! 
... God is God; and we need to be still and know that He is!

Reference Passage : ... John 21:15-19 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
... Peter was restored by Jesus after feeling totally inadequate to his calling to feed God’s sheep.

Reference Passage : ... 2Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] ... 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
... Paul helps us realize that God’s grace is ALWAYS sufficient to give us strength when we feel inadequate to His calling.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Tim Gustafson, uses a story of a man who felt inferior to a calling in life … to illustrate our need to have faith in the One Who is ALWAYS able. … The ODB author wrote: Dave enjoyed his job, but for a long time he’d sensed a pull toward something else. Now he was about to fulfill his dream and step into mission work. But strangely, he began to have serious doubts. 
“I don’t deserve this,” he told a friend. “The mission board doesn’t know the real me. I’m not good enough.”

As today’s ODB entry indicates, Dave, in this story, had pretty good biblical company. There was Moses (in the highlight passage) who didn’t feel up to his calling to be God’s agent of deliverance for God’s people in Egypt. … There was Elijah, who felt like dying at the hands of Jezebel (see 1Kings 19). … And there was Peter, (see John 21), who needed restoration after denying Jesus three times before His crucifixion.

Yes, dear ones, … there will always be times when we need to stop and realize that we will feel inadequate to some situations or callings in life. But God is ALWAYS able (see Psalm 46:10); and He is alway able to provide us with the grace of His strength [see 2Cor 12:9] when we feel inadequate to His calling.

As my mentor used to tell me OFTEN … “God’s calling is His enablement!!” And I pray today that we all … be still and know that He is God!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for giving us Your grace when we feel inadequate to Your calling.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here join me today to be still and know that we serve a God Who is Who He is! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: