Thursday, September 05, 2019

September 5, 2019 … My Resurrection Hope

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 248 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Crowder and Lauren Wells singing All My Hope ... poignantly singing of the resurrection hope we have in our relationship with Christ.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Corinthians 15:19 [NLT] ... 19 And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world. 
... Without the resurrection, all our hope is in this world and the here and now - and that is no hope at all !!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ... .
.. In Creation, seeing that the Light God had created was good, He separated the light from the darkness.
==============

Reference Passage : ... John 11:25-26 [NLT] ... 25 …“I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26 Everyone who lives in me and believes in Me will never ever die. 
... Jesus declares the hope we have in Him and His resurrection … IF … we believe in Him as the resurrection and the life.

Reference Passage : ... 1Peter 1:3-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
... God, thru Peter, declares that all our hope is in Jesus and His promise of eternal life thru His resurrection.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, uses a personal memory to illustrate where our hope as Christians lies - in the hope of our resurrection and our eternal relationship with Christ. … The ODB author wrote: Her name was Saralyn, and I sort of had a crush on her back in our school days. She had the most wonderful laugh. I’m not sure whether she knew about my crush, but I suspect she did. After graduation I lost track of her. Our lives went in different directions as lives often do.  
I keep up with my graduating class in some online forums, and I was intensely sad when I heard that Saralyn died. I found myself wondering about the direction her life had taken over the years. This is happening more and more the older I grow, this experience of losing friends and family. But many of us tend to avoid talking about it. 

Fellow Christians, there are those reading my words here today, … some whom I’ve had the blessing of meeting … some not. But as brothers/sisters in Christ, the one hope I do have is that I will one day spend eternity with you in glory. And that, of course, is the hope that all born-again believers have because of Jesus being THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE (see John 11:25) and the promise His resurrection from the grave means to all who have surrendered our lives to King Jesus.

As Crowder and Lauren Wells sing in the linked song, … “All our hope is in Jesus!” So, join me with a robust ”HALLELUJAH [!!]” as you read what I write here today; … because one day we will be joined with Christ after our resurrection, … which He has promised to us. If I don’t see you here, … I’ll see you there !!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for the hope we have in Your resurrection.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to declare a loud HALLELUJAH!!” for the hope we have in Christ’s resurrection. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: