Tuesday, September 17, 2019

September 17, 2019 … Covered in Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 260 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Zach Williams singing his song No Longer A Slave To Fear ... poignantly singing of how we Christians can declare - thru baptism - that we have died to self and now live, being covered by Christ’s robes of righteousness.

Yours truly being baptized in the Jordan River

==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Galatians 3:27 [NKJV] ... 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 
... Paul declares God’s truth that our baptism in Christ allows us to put on His robes of righteousness … FOREVER!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Galatians 3:26-29 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... Paul declares how, in Christ, we are now are now free from being slaves of fear and sin and can now, as heirs to the King, can wear His robes of righteousness.
==============

Reference Passage : ... 2Corinthians 5:17 [NKJV] ... 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 
... Being covered by the blood of the Lamb, I have been baptized by His Spirit into a new life in Christ.

Reference Passage : ... Galatians 2:20 [NKJV] ... 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 
... Because Christ now lives in me - or any born-again Christian - se can declare our newness in Christ … FOREVER.

Reference Passage : ... Colossians 3:12-17 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK
... Being baptized into the newness of Christ, I can now choose to put on His robes of righteousness and put off my old clothes of sin.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Peter Chin, uses a personal remembrance of his own baptism to illustrate his witness of the new life he now has in Christ. … The ODB author wrote: One of my earliest childhood memories of church was a pastor walking down the aisle, challenging us to “remember the waters of our baptism.” Remember the waters? I asked myself. How can you remember water? He then proceeded to splash everyone with water, which as a young child both delighted and confused me. 
Why should we think about baptism? When a person is baptized, there’s so much more to it than water. Baptism [see photo] symbolizes how through faith in Jesus, we’ve become “clothed” with Him (Galatians 3:27). Or in other words, it’s celebrating that we belong to Him and that He lives in and through us. 

Dear fellow Christian, … do you remember your baptismal witness of faith in Christ? I certainly do. And tho the one pictured above was my second baptism, it was the one I’ll never forget, … being baptized in the Jordan river. And it was saying to all in attendance what Zach Williams sings in the linked song … that “I’m no longer a slave to fear” and sin … because I am now a “child of God,” with all that entails … to be able to wear Christ’s robes of righteousness forever, … having my sins covered by the blood of the Lamb of God.

And I pray this morning that all reading here KNOW, beyond any doubt, that your baptism witness of faith has declared to the world that, being raised from the waters of baptism, you have died to self and; and as it declares in God’s truth, … that you no longer live for yourself in fear … but having been raised from the baptismal waters, you now live in/for Christ.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for allowing us to be raised from self into newness by our Savior’s blood.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here have declared thru baptism our newness in Christ. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: