Wednesday, September 25, 2019

September 25, 2019 … Finding Our Hiding Place

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 268 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Selah singing You Are My Hiding Place ... poignantly singing of how our Lord is our only really safe hiding place.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 1:14-15 [NKJV] ... 14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [d]of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” 
… Jesus begins His ministry on earth to proclaim God safe place in His kingdom. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 1:9-15 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jesus came to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and show all who would believe on Him to the ultimate place of freedom and redemption.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 63:1-4 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… A Psalm of David for deliverance which I pray EVERY MORNING, seeking my safe place in Christ EVERY DAY!

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Another of my prayers EACH MORNING that God will lead my in His pathway to deliverance from myself.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3  [NKJV] ... 3  You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 
… The only real place of peace and safety is in pursuit of Christ.

Reference Passage : … Luke 4:17-21 [NKJV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Jesus openly declares that Isaiah’s prophesy of deliverance by the Messiah was fulfilled in Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, uses a personal story of how we often feel when we’re called by God into the future (see photo). … The ODB author wrote: That experience reminded me of a man I met on a plane, who began apologizing to me as we taxied down the runway. “I’m going to get drunk on this flight,” he said. “It sounds like you don’t want to,” I replied. “I don’t,” he said, “but I always run back to the drink.” [see photo] He got drunk, and the saddest part was watching his wife embrace him when he got off the plane, smell his breath, then push him away. Drink was his place of safety, but it was no safe place at all. 

Many of us have had our “go to” place of false security, like the man on the plane in the ODB story. Once for me, … years ago, … it was finding false safety in viewing P0RN; but I now know I was simply trying to secure a place in my heart that only God could (and can) fill.

Jesus came, as our King and Messiah, to deliver us from our false hiding places into God’s only safe place (see Luke 4:17-21, … i.e., … deliverance into His place of eternal redemption. But we have to choose to go there, don’t we?

And that’s why - EVERY MORNING - in a quiet time with God (as now), I pray, as King David prayed, for my God to quench my thirst for Him (Psalm 63:1-4) and to lead me to His place of peace and safety (see Psalm 139:23-24 and Isaiah 26:3)

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for showing us the only place of safety - in our relationship with You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to go to God’s safe place … His ONLY safe place, … our relationship with King Jesus. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: