Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November 15, 2022 … My Voice - His Power …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 319 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Sanctus Real singing … Confidence … powerfully singing of we Christians can go forth with confidence because of God’s empowering grace which stands behind us.  



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Exodus 4:12  [ESV] …  

12 Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”  <

… God promises Moses to be his “voice” when he goes to Pharaoh to free God’s people from bondage.                                                            


Highlight Passage (Context): … Exodus 4:10-17 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Moses is fearful at God’s call for him to be the voice of God to free Old’s people in Egypt.       

===============                                                                     .                                                            

Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3;5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Solomon shows all believers that we must ALWAYS trust in God especially in times of trial or trouble. 


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.    

… God thru Isaiah promises to lift up His faithful no matter where they may falter. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13 [NLT] …  

13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure. 

  God, thru Paul, promises Christians to trust Him to lead them thru any temptation, trial, or trouble.    


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] …  

Each time He [JESUS] said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 

  Paul shows his reliance and trust in God to give him (and us) the empowering grace we need when we feel weakened by life’s circumstances.   


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [NLT] …  

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.  

  God, thru Paul, reminds Christians that our fears NEVER come from the Lord.              

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt… AT THIS LINK   tells of a young woman, named Lisa, who had struggled as a stutterer since youth, being fearful to speak in public.  However, with speech therapy, Lisa developed the confidence to be an effective counselor on a hotline for people with emotional distress.     


We all get into life circumstances at times when we feel inadequate, don’t we?   But if my readers take the time to take in the linked song and the Scriptures above, … like Lisa in the ODB entry, we can take on the confidence of God’s empowering grace to overcome our personal fears; because, as the Apostle Paul promised fellow Christians in the Scriptures attributed to him above, our fears are NEVER from God (see 2Tim 1:7) and our God will always be there to give us His empowering grace when we feel Him calling, but when we don’t feel up to the call (see 2Cor 12:9).   


So leet’s go out and be HIS voice today!                                            


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your empowering grace to overcome my fears.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to go out and speak with Your confidence, Lord, as we face the world today.      Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.