Saturday, November 19, 2022

November 19, 2022 … God Knows …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 323 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Andrew Ripp singing … God Knows … poignantly and powerfully singing of how our God, thru His love for us, knows everything about us.   



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 139:1  [ESV] …  

O LORD, You have examined m heart and know EVERYTHING about me.   

… David sings of God’s omniscient and intimate knowledge about him.                                                                

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 139:1-12, 23-24 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… King David sings of the intimate relationship he - and any believer - has with Yahweh, Who 

===============                                                                     .                                                            

Reference Passage: …  Jeremiah 12:3 [NLT] …  

But as for me, LORD, You know my heart.  You see me and test my thoughts.  

  God, thru Jeremiah, shows the Lord’s ability to know all who follow Him faithfully.    


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 10:29-30 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Jesus teaches His followers that NOTHING happens in this world without God, our heavenly Father, knowing about it.     


Reference Passage: … John 10:14-15 [NLT] …  

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 

  Jesus declares that He is our Good Shepherd and He knows His flock (i.e., born-again believers) and His flock knows Him  

    

Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 8:3 [NLT] …  

But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.  

  Paul teaches fellow Christians that those who love God are known by Him.    


Reference Passage: … 1John 3:19-20 [NLT] …  

19 Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and He knows everything.  

  God’s Spirit, thru the Apostle John, shows that we can have confidence that GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING about all who know Him as Lord and Savior.          

                                                                              

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kimya Loder… AT THIS LINK   tells of how the author’s mother always seemed to KNOW - without fail - when something was wrong with the author as a child, … often declaring, ..  “What’s the matter? … And, before you tell me it’s nothing, remember I’m your mother. I gave birth to you, and I know you better than you know yourself.”           


And reading that, I would think that the ODB author and I had the same mother; because my mom could also read my thoughts and feelings like that.  How about you and your mom?  


But even if our parents were not as aware as this; certainly, if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the Scriptures above, … as Christians, … we surely must be aware that our Lord knows us deeply and intimately … and PERFECTLY.   As King David sung in Psalm 139, our God knows us completely and everything about us.  So as David prayed in verses 23-24, we need to pray that God will examine our hearts and lead us in His way, … the way everlasting.                                                


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for  knowing all about me and leading me to follow You.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to surrender to follow our all-knowing God.      Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: