Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23, 2015: Just Give Me Jesus

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 295  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Fernando Ortega singing, Give Me Jesus, … declaring the reality of our life condition as Christians, needing Jesus and His grace to face this world.

 
Highlight Passage:   Isaiah 49: 13b [NKJV] …  
13b  For the Lord has comforted His people, and will have mercy on His afflicted. 
…  The Prophet declares God's comfort for His people. thru the Messiah.                
============ 
Highlight Context – Isaiah 49: 13-20 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Jesus is always watching over His own … recognized by Isaiah 700+ years before He came into the world.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Lamentations 3: 22-23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… Jeremiah longed for the forever mercies of his Messiah, … finally realized and fulfilled in Jesus.

Reference Passage #2 - Hebrews 13: 5b [NKJV] … 
5b  For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” [Deut. 31: 6 & Joshua 1: 5] … Even before Jesus (way before!) God’s elect recognized that their Messiah was ALWAYS with them and would never forsake them.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Marion Stroud, today’s ODB author, writes, … There is rarely a problem-free season in our lives, but sometimes the onslaught is terrifying. … Rose saw her entire family, except for her two little daughters, slaughtered in the Rwandan Genocide of 1994. Now she is a widow among many widows with little money. But she refuses to be defeated. She has adopted two orphans and simply trusts God to provide for the food and school fees for her family of five. She translates Christian literature into the local language and organizes an annual conference for other widows. Rose wept as she told me her story. But for every problem in her life she has one simple remedy. “For this,” she said, “I have Jesus.” 

I think we all, as did the ODB author today, recognize that there are times when life is just WAY TOO MUCH, … when the only One we can turn to, as Christians, is the One Who came to save us all from ourselves; … and that is Jesus. Maybe today is a time like that for someone reading here with me today. We all have those times, don’t we?

 Well, now, at this stage in my life, when I am surrounded by such a time, I do what Fernando Ortega sings in the linked song above, … I turn to my Savior, … my everything in times of need, … JESUS!

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, Jesus! … You are my everything! … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: