Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 29, 2015:  God’s Warnings

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 301  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the group 4Him singing a song of truth… The Basics of Life, … strongly declaring how this world needs to return to God’s way and seek His will for living.

 
Highlight Passage:   Hebrews 10: 32 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
…  God’s own rejecting His love warning!
============ 
Highlight Context – Jeremiah 18: 1-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… God, thru Jeremiah, warned His people; but they wouldn’t heed God’s love.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - 2nd Chronicles 36: 15 [NKJV] … 
15 And the Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place. 
… How many warnings does God have to send before His children listen?

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 1: 18-32 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… See today’s headlines and view the culture and then read God’s warning.  ... SCARY!!! 

Reference Passage #3 - Hebrews 12: 5-6 [NKJV] … 
5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: … “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, … Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6  For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” [Prov. 3:11-12] 
… God’s word tells us not to despise God’s warnings because they show the Love of our Heavenly Father.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, uses a personal story to illustrate her ODB truth about God’s warning and His chastening. Schuldt writes, As a young girl I went with my parents to visit my great-grandmother, who lived near a farm. Her yard was enclosed by an electric fence, which prevented cows from grazing on her grass. When I asked my parents if I could play outside, they consented, but carefully explained that touching the fence would result in an electric shock. … Unfortunately I ignored their warning, put a finger to the barbed wire, and was zapped by an electrical current strong enough to teach a cow a lesson. I knew then that my parents had warned me because they loved me and didn’t want me to get hurt.

OUCH!! … How many times does God have to warn us and clearly show His love for us by chastening us or exhorting us through His word. Certainly we read of God warning His chosen people, the Israelites, over and over and over again in the Old Testament; and finally having to bring or allow disaster to teach them a lesson [see the passages linked above from Jeremiah and 2Chronicles above]. And when I read the New Testament warning from Paul in Romans 1:18-32 [linked above] and see how the world is rebelling against God’s warnings, IT’S SCARY to think what might happen in the future.

 God is our Heavenly Father and His warnings (as it tells us in Hebrews 12:5-6) are expressions of His love by chastening us. I just cringe to thing how our grandchildren might have live out God’s chastening on our current generation for the open disobedience of God’s ways and His will shown by our world today. As the group 4Him sings in the song linked above, “We need to get back to THE BASICS of life!” 

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, Jesus! … Help Your children to heed Your love and Your warnings to get back to living Your way. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: