Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 27, 2015:  Without Love = Nothing!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 299  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of Sara Groves singing her song … Without Love, … strongly declaring the truth of 1st Cor. 13 … that without love we have NOTHING … and as the attached image depicts, we miss the bus we call life.


Highlight Passage:   1st Corinthians 13:1-3 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
…  Without love, as Christians, we accomplish NOTHING!!
============ 
Highlight Context – 1st Corinthians, Chapter 13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  God’s love chapter.  ... But are we on board?!!
============      

Reference Passage #1 - John 13: 34-35 [NKJV] … 
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” 
… Jesus stings His disciples and the world with His love commandment.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, emphasizes the need to reveal God’s love as we strive to reveal Him in our relationships. And Kilgore tells about an older, more mature “Christian [?]” lecturing a younger believer. He writes, … I heard the saddest words today. Two believers in Christ were discussing an issue about which they had differing opinions. The older of the two seemed smug as he wielded Scripture like a weapon, chopping away at the things he saw as wrong in the other’s life. The younger man just seemed weary of the lecture, weary of the other person, and discouraged. …“You missed the chance to love me,” the young man said. “In all the time you’ve known me, what has seemed to matter most to you is pointing out what you think is wrong about me. … What do I want? I want to see Jesus—in you and through you.”

Ouch! … That Randy Kilgore story, the image in the attached photo, as well as Sara Groves’ linked song above, really hit me hard with conviction today. I’m sitting here … asking myself, “How many busses of opportunity to show God’s love have I missed in this life because I didn’t jump on board with Jesus’ command to love others?” [See John 13: 34-35]

UGH!! 

I really don’t have to write any more here, do I? … I’ll let you deal with your feelings as a Christian when you take in all above. But if you feel anything as I do here, … let’s not miss today’s love bus!

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, Jesus! … Help me get on board today with Your love bus. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: