Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30, 2016: That Special Name

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 182 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Alan Jackson singing … What A Friend We Have In Jesus, poignantly declaring what all Christians should realize ... That "Jesus," the One with the Name above all names ... Calls us "FRIEND!"


Highlight Passage: John 10: 3 [NKJV] …
3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
… So cool that My Good Shepherd and Lord knows MY NAME.
==========
Highlight Context – John 10:1-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
 … Jesus, the One with the Name above all names, as my Good Shepherd, knows my name ... And how cool is that !!!
===========

Reference Passage #1 … Philippians 2:9-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… "Jesus" - His Name is "Yahweh," the Name above all names.

Reference Passage #2 ... John 15:15 ... 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
... Jesus call His disciples "FRIEND" ... Hey, that's me too!!!

My Journal for Today:Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon, taught today about how special we feel when a teacher, or any important person in our lives, knows our name. He wrote: When I first meet a new group of students in the college composition class I teach, I already know their names. I take the time to familiarize myself with their names and photos on my student roster, so when they walk into my classroom I can say, “Hello, Jessica,” or “Welcome, Trevor.” I do this because I know how meaningful it is when someone knows and calls us by name. 

And I would predict that all reading here identify with the ODB author in this point, .... Don't we?! And to think that the One with the Name above all names ... "Jesus" ... My Lord and Savior ... The Good Shepherd, as it says in today's highlight passage, actually knows my name, and as it says in John 15:15, He calls me His friend too; ... And you too if you're one of His disciples.

And isn't it so great to know that we have a friend in Jesus (as is sung by Alan Jackson linked above).

My Prayer Today: O, Heavenly Father, … thank You for being my friend. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: