Saturday, March 02, 2019

March 2, 2019 … Treasures of Wisdom

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 61 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube version with song and lyrics from The Gettys singing … Every Promise of Your Word … singing of how we must trust in the Lord and what His promises provide for us from His word.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 4:7 [NLT] … 7  Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment. 
 … Pursuing the mind of God [i.e., “wisdom”] is probably the most valuable thing we can pursue in life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 4:5-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, the Father, thru Solomon, teaching us of the value of wisdom.
=============

Reference Passage : … Job, Chapter 28 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God shows Job (and us) how mining for the mind of God, tho risky, is the most valuable pursuit of our lives.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:13-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s wisdom, thru Solomon, about imparted to those who seek after God’s ways and His will thru His word.

Reference Passage : … James 1:5-6, 3:17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru James, tells of the value of pursuing and obtaining wisdom from the mind of God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, uses a story of pursuing treasure to illustrate how we need to view pursuing the treasure of wisdom in our life. The ODB author writes … Buried treasure. It sounds like something out of a children’s storybook. But eccentric millionaire Forrest Fenn claims to have left a box of jewels and gold, worth up to $2 million, somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. Many people have gone in search of it. In fact, four people have lost their lives trying to find the hidden riches. 
The author of Proverbs gives us reason to stop and think: Does any kind of treasure merit such a quest

As humans, we’ve always overvalued the pursuit of worldly-valued “treasures” in life, such as the pursuit of gold (see photo). But God, thru the authors of Proverbs (i.e., see above from Solomon), … thru Job’s quest for understanding (see Job 28, … and thru the brother of Jesus in the NT, (see James 1:5-6 and 3:17), … all make it clear that the pursuit of wisdom, … i.e., knowing the mind of God, … is a far more valuable pursuit than panning for gold.

Yes, … all these biblical authors point out that it takes faith and rigorous discipline to “mine for” the mind of God. And that’s why I’ve chosen to do my mining each morning here in God’s truth, … starting my day mining or panning in God’s word for the jewels and shiny treasures I know are there for my taking. And EVERY DAY I come upon some jewel of Godly wisdom that I can use for myself or share with someone who needs God’s treasures of wisdom.

I can only pray that my fellow readers here are panning daily for God’s treasures of wisdom in His word as well.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for always having some gem of wisdom for me as I dig daily in Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to dig in God’s truth for the gems of wisdom He has for anyone who mines in faith. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: