Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31, 2019 … Come and See Jesus

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 90 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with Steve Green singing … People Need the Lord … poignantly singing of how we need to share the glorious gift of Jesus with others.


 ==============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 1:45 [NLT] … 45 Philip went to look for Nathanael and told him, “We have found the very person Moses[a] and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth.” 
… Phillip shares Jesus with Nathaniel, the greatest gift one could share with another. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 1:43-51 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus calls Phillip to discipleship, who shares Jesus with his brother Nathaniel. 
==============

Reference Passage : …Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. 6  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. 
 … Knowing God intimately is trusting God completely!

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NLT] … 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” 
… If we claim to love Jesus, we will obey Him and follow His will and His ways through His word.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 1:3-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We have been given God’s greatest blessing in getting to know His Son, Jesus.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses a personal reflection of how a friend shared the greatest gift one can share, … getting to know Jesus through His word. The ODB author wrote … Over the years, my friend Barbara has given me countless encouraging cards and thoughtful presents. After I told her I’d received Jesus as my Savior, she handed me the greatest gift she’d ever given me—my first Bible. She said, “You can grow closer to God and mature spiritually by meeting with Him daily, reading Scripture, praying, and trusting and obeying Him.” My life changed when Barbara invited me to get to know God better. 

Do you have someone you love who doesn’t know Jesus as Lord and Savior? Sharing Jesus with others is the greatest gift we can share with them; and that is what the ODB author’s friend did with her. And it is what my first mentor did for me after I went from atheist to believer.

Dr. Bob, my mentor did what Phillip did for Nathaniel in the highlight passage. He invited and exhorted me to “come and see” Jesus; and to get to know Jesus more intimately. And he knew that the best way to do that was through His word.  So, he led me on a quest to get to know my Savior through God’s word; and no other pursuit did any more to transform me into a disciple of Christ than that discipline.

So, let’s all help others get to know our Lord more intimately thru His word. Steve Green is right in the linked song for today … People really do need to know the Lord more intimately; and we can help them … just like Phillip did for Nathaniel.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your invitation to “some and see” You today and everyday.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to share the joys of our Lord thru His word today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: