Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27, 2019 … Remembering My Dad

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 86 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing … I Want To Be Just Like You … poignantly singing of how we have a Father in Heaven who wants us to become just like His Son.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Job 38:4 [NLT] … “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. 
… God helps Job see and remember Whom God really is.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Job 38:1-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God helps Job remember His God, … the Father and creator of all.
==============

Reference Passage : … Genesis 1:26-27 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We must remember that we, i.e., mankind, were created by our Heavenly Father in His image.

Reference Passage : … Psalms 139:13-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God knit us together in our mother’s womb as His masterpiece - created before time began, for the glory of our Heavenly Father.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. 
 … We are God’s masterpiece, created to do good things for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 3:23 [NLT] … 23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. 
… Whatever we do is done for the glory of our Heavenly Father.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, uses a remembrance of her earthly father to reflect on her Heavenly Father. The ODB author wrote … When I remember my dad, I picture him best outdoors hammering or gardening or downstairs working in his cluttered workroom, stuffed with fascinating tools and gadgets. His hands were always busy at a task or project—sometimes building (a garage or a deck or a birdhouse), sometimes locksmithing, and sometimes designing jewelry and stained-glass art. 
Remembering my dad prompts me to think of my heavenly Father and Creator, … 

Well, … this Our Daily Bread [ODB] entry today, caused me to remember my own earthly Dad (see photo of a plaque on my office wall), whose birthdate, almost a century ago, is this week. And then the ODB author helped me remember an even more significant Father-Son relationship, … that with my Heavenly Father, … my Abba Father. … And meditating on the Scriptures above helped me see, as did Job from his journal and David in song (see Job 38 and Ps. 139), … that my God created me, being my Heavenly Father, to be His workmanship … for His glory (see Eph. 2:10 and Col. 3:23).

I had a great earthly Dad. Perhaps you did too. Or maybe your dad was not a good reflection of our Lord. But no matter, like Job came to realize, … and we need to remember [ALWAYS!], … we are created in God’s image (see Gen. 1:26-27) and all that we are, and all that we do, is for His glory, … not our own.

I pray that we all will see that the Daddy image we should all remember today and honor with our lives is that of our Abba - Heavenly - Father.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for being my Heavenly Dad, … my Abba Father!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to honor our Abba Father today with all that we think, say, and do. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: