Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019 … Jehovah Jireh

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 131

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Don Moen and ensemble leading in worship and singing… Jehovah Jireh … poignantly singing of our God, Who provides for all our needs.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 22:13-14 [NLT] … 13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” 
… Abraham confirmed that his Lord was “Jehovah Jireh,” … the God Who provides. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 22:1-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God tests Abraham’s faith in God’s willingness/ability to provide all that Abraham and God’s people need.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NIV] … 5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. 
… Trusting in God to provide the way in life.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [NIV] … 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 
… Everything in our lives is for our good and God’s glory; … but do se believe it?

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:8 [NIV] … 9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
… Jesus promised Paul, as He promises us, to provide us with His strength when we feel weakened.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:19 [NIV] … 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. 
… The same God who supplied Abraham’s need (see highlight passage) will supply all our needs as well.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Remembering God’s promise that He will never leave us or forsake us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Julie Schwab, uses a personal story to illustrate how God will provide what we need, when we need it … ALWAYS. The ODB author wrote … My anxiety increased throughout the summer between my undergraduate and graduate programs. I love to have everything planned out, and the idea of going out of state and entering graduate school without a job made me uncomfortable. However, a few days before I left my summer job, I was asked to continue working for the company remotely. I accepted and had peace that God was taking care of me. … God provided, but it was in His timing, not mine. 

I had a mentor years ago who often said, when things were testing his faith, … “God’s calling is His enablement.” In other words, he was teaching me what God taught Abraham on that mountain side when the Lord had called the Prophet to sacrifice his ONLY son, Isaac (see highlight passage). And Abraham was reinforced in his faith in God because God provided exactly what he needed to make the sacrifice, … exactly when Abraham needed it.

And that’s the same God you and I serve as well, fellow Christians. But so often, life tests our faith, doesn’t it? And, like Abraham, we have to believe the truth of the reference scriptures above … that ALL things in our lives are for our good (see Rom. 8:28), and that our Jehovah Jireh will indeed provide all our needs (see Phil. 4:19), … yes, even when we seem too weak to handle life’s circumstances (2Cor. 12: 9).

So, take in today’s linked song; and join me to thank our Lord for being our Provider! 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your enabling … empowering … grace which is totally sufficient for our needs.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, in a resounding “HALLELUJAH” and to give thanks for God being our Jehovah Jireh. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: