Tuesday, May 14, 2019

May 14, 2019 … Grace and Truth

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 134

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Laura Story singing her song … Grace … poignantly singing of how God’s grace provides us with not only His living waters of salvation but the power and newness of Spirit that allows us to live as living sacrifices for His glory.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 4:25-26 [NLT] … 25 The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming—the one who is called Christ. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.” 26 Then Jesus told her, “I am the Messiah!” 
… After sharing the living waters of truth, Jesus reveals exactly Who He is to the Samaritan woman.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 4:1-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus confronts the woman at the well with grace and truth.
==============

Reference Passage : … John 1:17 [NLT] … 17 For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. 
… The Law was given to show us our need for a Savior; and the Savior was given to give us the way to eternal life.

Reference Passage : … Romans 10:9-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
…And like the woman at the well in John 4, anyone who is willing to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus will receive the living waters of salvation.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 
… Once receiving God’s saving grace we experience the newness of life brought to us by God’s living waters.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, uses a personal learning experience to show how we must receive confrontation from the Lord. The ODB author wrote … During a landscape painting class, the teacher, a highly experienced professional artist, assessed my first assignment. He stood silently in front of my painting, one hand cupping his chin. Here we go, I thought. He’s going to say it’s terrible. 
But he didn’t. … He had the authority to criticize my work based on the rules of perspective and color, yet his critique was truthful and kind. 

I was once like that woman at the well in John 4, desperately seeking after living water, … thirsty for the truth, but living in sin. And Jesus came to me a little over 30 years ago and presented to me His living waters [i.e., saving grace]; and like the woman, my seeking turn to receiving and I was able to accept the Lord’s living/saving waters of salvation.

I pray all reading here have done what Paul wrote about in Romans 10:9-13; and we all no longer thirst after righteousness but have experienced the newness of spirit that God promises all who received God’s saving grace [see 2Cor. 5:17]. And I pray that all of us are living under the truth/grace provided thru His word as we follow Him in life, continually partaking of His living waters.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for making your living waters available to us wherever we’re humble enough to receive it.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, … to seek and receive the grace and truth that our Lord provides for us thru His living waters from His word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: