Thursday, May 02, 2019

May 2, 2019 … KOKO in Prayer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 122

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics of Steve Green singing … Find Us Faithful … poignantly singing of how we must keep on keeping on (“KOKO”) in faith.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 18:1 [NLT] … 1  Then Jesus told His disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 
… Jesus teaching on the power of persistent/faithful prayer.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 18:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus relates the parable of the persistent widow.  
==============

Reference Passage : … Romans 12:12 [NLT] … 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 
… Paul exhorting fellow believers to keep on keeping in faithful prayer.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 4:2 [NLT] … 2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 
… God’s prescription for peaceful living.

Reference Passage : … 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 [NLT] … 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
… Paul’s strong exhortation to joyful, thankful, FAITHFUL prayer.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, uses a personal story to illustrate how God honors the prayer of His faithful prayer warriors. The ODB author wrote … Kevin wiped a tear from his eye as he held out a slip of paper for my wife, Cari, to read. He knew Cari and I were praying for our daughter to return to faith in Jesus. “This note was found in my mother’s Bible after her death, and I hope it encourages you,” he said. At the top of the note were the words, “For my son, Kevin.” Below them was a prayer for his salvation. 
“I carry this with me in my own Bible today,” Kevin explained. “My mother prayed for my salvation for more than thirty-five years. I was far away from God, and I’m a believer now.” He looked intently at us and smiled through his tears: “Never give up praying for your daughter—no matter how long it takes.” 

Perhaps having taken in that story and the linked song, the name or life of a dear family member or friend, one who seemingly has not surrendered to God’s saving grace, has been called to your mind. And perhaps you, like I have for my sister for years, have been praying for the salvation of that person.

Well, don’t stop!! … “KOKO” (aka - Keep On Keeping On) in faith. Because if you believe as I do, and what the Apostle Paul encouraged believers in the above reference Scriptures, and also what Jesus taught in His parable (see highlight passage), … God honors the intent and humble faithfulness of those who pray persistently for those things in His will. So, let’s keep praying for God to pursue and save our loved ones.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your willingness to honor the prayers of your faithful prayer warriors.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, to keep on keeping on praying for lost loved ones. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: