Aug 8 2026 … For Generations to Come
Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK … and PLEASE take the time to listen to music and lyrics from Christ Tomlin singing … Holy Forever … calling all Christians to worship and live for the God of all generations.
========================
Highlight Passage: … Deuteronomy 4:9 [NLT]
… 9 “But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren.
… God, thru Moses, teaches fellow believers how to pass on what they have learned to future generations.
Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 4:1-2, 6-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… Moses shows God’s people how to share God’s way with future generations.
================
Reference Passage: … Exodus 20:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… Moses teaches God’s people the importance of teaching younger believers, who love the Lord, how to follow His ways and to teach the next generation to do the same.
Reference Passage: Deuteronomy 11:18-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… Again Moses calls on God’s people to pass along God’s ways to future generations.
Reference Passage: … Psalms 71:18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… King David also sings of each generation proclaiming God’s greatness to their children.
Reference Passage: … Daniel 4:3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… God’s word declares, thru Daniel, that His truth lasts through all generations.
Reference Passage: … Luke 1:50 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… Jesus’ Mother, Mary, sings of God declaring His mercy and greatness to all generations of those who fear and follow Him.
Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 3:6-17[NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
… The Apostle Paul teaches Timothy and all Christians of God providing His word to instruct and give all generations His direction and guidance..
My Devotional Journal: Today’s Our Daily Bread from Xochitl Dixon… USE THIS LINK related a story about a young basketball player, named Enrique, who was asked by his father to show the team how to practice the ball. And Enrique, not wanting to mess up, prayed to God that he show the team how his dad had taught him. And when Enrique’s dad complimented him on how he showed the team the passing skills, he also complemented him on how he prayed to God to do it the right way; and Enrique replied, ”I just did what you do.”
When I was a new Christian, over three decades ago, I was mentored by an Elder in our church; … and thru him I was taught to follow God’s word and seek to share God’s ways the way I was taught. I’m praying all who read here have been influenced to follow God’s ways and to teach others how to walk with the Lord. I’m doing all I can to show those, younger than I, how to follow God’s word and live for Him the way my mentor showed me years ago. How about you? Whom could you influence with God’s ways today?
My Thanksgiving: … Oh, King Jesus, thank You … for those who showed me how to live for You so that I can teach others how to follow You today.
My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, … thank You, Lord, … for helping us know to pass on Your ways, Lord, to the next generation who love You and desire to follow You. … Amen
=============
Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK-on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.



No comments:
Post a Comment