Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012 … The Only One Who Can Help!

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalms 121-130 To study these chapters, go to this link -
=======
Highlight Reference Passages: From above, see Psalms 121, 123-125, 128-130
=======
Highlight Reference Verse: From above see Psalms 121: 1-2 … 1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, … the Maker of heaven and earth.
=======
Highlight Reference Verse #2: From above see Psalms 130: 5 … I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.

My Journal for Today: Today the Chronological Reading Plan takes its readers (and that’s me!) to a list of similar Psalms which were written by unknown authors in Israel. Possibly King Hezekiah could have been the author of several of them. But these songs of God’s people sing out their reliance on the Creator of all and the one and only God who saves.

My friends, this would be a good group of Psalms to read when and if one is down-hearted or needs assurance from whence our help comes. Don’t you agree that there are going to be events or circumstances where we cannot put our clinging trust in mankind or the institutions created by man?

Let’s face it, in today’s economy, do you put your faith/trust in our government … as vast and as powerful as it is? Do you trust our President or the Congress to bring us through these rough times? What about science? Do you trust the smartest scientists on earth to have the answers to physical challenges like cancer, or Alzheimer’s Disease, or AIDS? What about education; … do you think our educational systems are going to raise up saviors to deliver us from the world’s problems.

I think you get where I’m headed here. My friend and fellow reader into God’s word, I put my trust only in my God; and I look only to His word for my guidance. Meditate on the two highlight verses which I’ve copied for you above; and as you do, in paraphrasing these verses, I declare, “My help ONLY comes from the Lord;” and “I wait for the Lord, … and in His word I put my hope.”

TRUTH: … The world is falling apart; and these songs from God’s word today express the only place God’s people can look for help and that is from our God as He has written our course of life into His word. So, are you with me, … my dear one? Will you say, as do I, “My help comes only from my God!”

My Prayer for Today: Lord, You are the only One Your people can look to for help; so, we pray for that help in these times of trouble. … Amen

No comments: