Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012 … The Anointing Light of God’s Spirit

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 43-45 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 49 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 84-85 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 87 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============

Highlight Passage: Psalm 43: 3 Send me Your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell.
============
Highlight Passage #2: Psalm 119: 105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.. 
============
Highlight Passage #3: 1st John 2: 27 As for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him

My Journal for Today: Today I was led back to seven of the Psalms in my chronological Bible reading “assignment;” and I didn’t have to read very far until a passage jumped out at me, which I’ve copied above from Psalm 43, verse 3. And then, in doing some meditation and cross reference study on that verse. I was led to remember/locate two other passages [see above] which I believe God’s Spirit was giving me to apply and upon which I should journal this morning.

Many times in life I think we become engulfed in circumstances which seem to send us into a fog of confusion, discouragement, or doubt; and we just can’t seem to see our way forward. Ever been there?

Well, today the Psalmist helps us – as believing Christians – to remember or realize that we can pray for – and really always have – the anointing light of God’s Spirit to give us the illumination we need to light our way and give us direction in life.

God’s light for the Christian is, as we read in the passages above, the anointing of God’s Spirit, which is imparted into the “Temple” of every believer when he/she is born again; and it is our seeking faith that can – and will – provide us with the light unto our path. But then, you might ask, “Why then does the path get so foggy and confusing at times?” And to that we have the declaration of the Psalmist in Psalm 119, who sings that it is God’s word which provides us with a light unto our path. And so, when things get murky in life, how many times do we find ourselves trying to grope our way through the circumstances of life without seeking God’s light (i.e., going to God’s word for guidance). Why do you think our enemy tries to use his ploy of confusion, doubt, and/or discouragement? It’s to move us into self and away from the truth found in the light of God’s word.

And in the 1st John 2: 27 passage above, we must remember the truth that God’s light is His anointing Spirit which resides in the hearts of all born-again believers. When we grope in the darkness, we do so because we have relented to trying to see life through our own eyes, rather than to use the enlightenment of God’s Spirit. But when we seek God’s light, through the faith He has available to us through His grace, we can find the light out of the darkness; and again, the best - and first - place to seek that anointing of enlightenment is in God’s word.

So, my friend, if today – or some other time – we seem to be groping in a fog of life, I charge us to seek out the light of Christ, which He has provided for us through His word. Because when we do, as is proclaimed in Psalm 119: 105, He will be THE LIGHT unto our path.

My Prayer Today: … Lord, shine Your path brightly today that I may see it and follow You in the darkness of this world. Amen

No comments: