Friday, April 27, 2012

April 17, 2012 … God’s Holiness Found In His Word

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 81 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 88 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 92 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============  
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 93 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============  
Highlight Passage: … Psalm 93: 5 ... Your statutes, Lord, stand firm; holiness adorns Your house for endless days.  

My Journal for Today: After having read through the four Psalms in today’s chronological reading segment, I came to the last verse of the last Psalm [#93]; and it almost jumped off the page for me. These five songs were written by Asaph and at least one other of the post-Babylonian court for God’s people to worship their Lord, … during celebrations and other times of corporate worship. And these songs are not all that different from those which we use in today’s, contemporary, worship services to promote our worship connection with a Holy God Who wants us to come into His presence with our gathering to worship Him, … the One Who is all holiness and worthy of our praise.

I don’t know about you, but I’m lifted out of myself – OFTEN – when our church comes together on Sunday mornings, gathering in corporate worship of the living Lord. And in this time, the music helps to bring me out of my self and into the presence of a HOLY GOD. And often in these journal entries in the past, you’ve read of me referring to links to worship music which helps me in my own, personal worship times (each morning) as I use such music to help me be in the presence of God’s holiness.

But, this last verse in Psalm 93 also reminds me that being in the presence of God’s word, i.e., His HOLY Word, is also how I make connection with His holiness. Note what the anonymous author of Psalm 93, in verse 5 pens as one of the main ways that we can move ourselves, as sinners, into a right – and Holy – relationship with God; and that is by being in His word, which is an eternal signpost to God’s manifest holiness.

Let me put several versions of this same scripture here for you to read aloud, as I have this morning, and to meditate on this truth:
==============  
Again, note the NIV: Your statutes, Lord, stand firm; holiness adorns Your house for endless days.  
From the NKJV: Your testimonies are very sure; holiness adorns Your house, O LORD, forever. From the MSG: What You say goes—it always has. "Beauty" and "Holy" mark your palace rule, GOD, to the very end of time..
===============

Now, … I don’t know about you; but it is uplifting to read and realize that when I choose to get into God’s word each day, I am choosing to put myself into the presence and the power of God’s holiness, … i.e., to experience God’s very cleansing holiness, which emanates from His word (or as the Psalmist declares in other versions, God’s “testimonies”). Doesn’t that make you want to do all you can to insure that you will come to God’s temple (i.e., our heart), as I have on this day, and to willingly and longingly go into the presence of God’s Holiness by diving headlong into God’s HOLY word?

It does that for me; and I pray that it does so for you.  

My Prayer Today: … Lord, I relish being in the presence of Your Holiness by being in Your word. Amen

No comments: