Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 25, 2012 … How Great Is Our God

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 17 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 35 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 54 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
============
Highlight Video of the Day #1: Chris Tomlin sings How Great Is Our God For your personal worship … go to this link -
============
Highlight Video of the Day #2: Carrie Underwood sings and Vince Gill plays How Great Thou Art For your personal worship … go to this link -

My Journal for Today: Oh, my dear following reader and fellow Christian (oh, how I pray that is so!), … the tears are rolling down my cheeks from my devotional time this morning. And a lot of that has to do with the reality that I just listened to – and am re-listening as I write this – the wonderful, live version of Chris Tomlin singing his glorious praise song, How Great Is Our God, which came to my mind today as I read through my chronological Bible read in Psalms 73, 77, and 78 today, all Psalms either written or compiled by King David’s song leader, Asaph.

And if you’re reading and meditating along with me here, may I suggest that you use the link above and with your computer audio volume turned up a bit, to go to the You Tube video of this resounding Tomlin praise song. If you do, I believe it will set your heart right before (and maybe during) your read of these three Psalms. Then, if you really want to explode with worship and joy after reading these three Asaph psalms, go to the second You Tube link above and hear (and see) Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill sing the great old hymn, How Great Thou Art.

And when you do this, as I have this morning, as you read through the Psalms compiled by Asaph, in this morning’s read, you’ll understand why David’s song leader was motivated to compile (or write) these songs to help the people of Israel in David’s day remember and worship their God for all He had done for His people. Psalm 78, for example (linked above), is a rather long song of remembrance for all God had done from the times of Moses until the Lord anointed David as the leader of God’s people. And though music and song are only a small part of what our worship of God is and should be, it can, as I believe Asaph and David knew, enhance our very personal and genuine worship of the One and Only Living God.

 I hope (and will pray below) that we all worship our Lord with our 24/7 life of choices and actions, which prayerfully glorify our Father (as Jesus spoke about in Matthew 5: 16) by shining His light in/through us. But perhaps you have songs, as these two to which I’ve linked you above, which help you have times of special and very personal worship with our Lord. I’m convinced that’s why Asaph and David wrote their Psalms; and I love to worship God with our more contemporary songs as well, … like the two I’ve used today, which certainly will remain a big part of my worship routine to help me start my day in worship of our Lord.

My Prayer Today: … Lord, I pray that You always come alive in my worship, with our without the music and lyrics which Your music makers, like Asaph or Chris Tomlin, have created for us to worship You with more depth of purpose. Amen

No comments: