Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012 … Waiting on God’s Legacy …

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: 2nd Samuel 5 … To study these chapters, go to this link -

Passage of the Day #2: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: 1st Chronicles 11-12 … To study these chapters, go to this link -
 ============

Highlight Passage of the Day #1: … From 2nd Samuel 5: 1-5 [See also 1st Chronicles 11: 1-3, linked below] … 1 All the tribes of Israel came to David at Hebron and said, "We are your own flesh and blood.2 In the past, while Saul was king over us, you were the one who led Israel on their military campaigns. And the Lord said to you, 'You will shepherd my people Israel, and you will become their ruler.'" 3 When all the elders of Israel had come to King David at Hebron, the king made a covenant with them at Hebron before the Lord, and they anointed David king over Israel. 4 David was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned forty years.5 In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned over all Israel and Judah thirty-three years. ============
Highlight Passage of the Day #2: …  Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: 1st Chronicles 11: 1-3 … To study this passage go to this link -

My Journal for Today: Day 121 in my chronological read through the Bible this year; and it’s the last day in April; and today I was essentially led to read the same thing, written into God’s chronicles in the life of King David in two separate books/chapters of our Bible. And it’s of interest to me when the same thing is written into God’s word by two separate author’s, who were compelled by God’s Spirit, to document something in God’s history … for God’s reason and for the legacy of God’s people. When this happens, I think one should take note and see if there’s something God’s people in the 21st century should learn or apply here.

And I think God is telling us about David’s third anointing as King in these two separate places in Scripture to insure that we see David’s patience in allowing God to set the timetable on David’s legacy. Well over 20 years had passed in David’s life from the time he was anointed as Israel’s coming king by Samuel and this time of his third anointing where he became king over all of God’s people, … Israel in the north and Judah in the South. Sometimes it takes a period of time quite longer than we might consider is logical or reasonable for God’s timing in our lives to unfold. David went through an awful lot, over many years of time, before the promise of his legacy of becoming King over ALL of God’s peoples became reality.

Have you ever been in a place in life where you just knew that you were on God’s track; but it just seemed like it was taking a long time for the dream you have had from God to unfold, … maybe longer than you’d like for it to come to reality? Well, I’m right there, … right now. I’m almost 70 years old; and God led me, about 20 years ago, into a ministry to help Christians deal with the onslaught of hypersexuality in our culture. If you’re reading here and you’d like to know more about this ministry, you can GO TO THIS WEBSITE.

Well, my personal dream would be to see many more Christians, especially men, to find their way to freedom from habitual bondage to sexual sin and … i.e., to be able to walk free from these tarpits of sinfulness. However, it seems that God has led me to deal in such spiritual warfare … one man, one life, one marriage, one family at a time, … rather than have me lead this effort by seeing hundreds, if not thousands, freed in my lifetime. The battle ground is world wide; and the warfare is a world-wide social plague; and at times it seems like I’m trying to empty the ocean with a tea cup.

 I plod through life, battling as God has led me to battle, … much as David must’ve felt like when he was moving from cave to cave as he battled Saul in those wilderness times. But David – in faith – battled on; and so must I, … knowing that God is leading me in the direction HE has brought me, … for HIS reasons, … in HIS timing, … for HIS glory. Patience may not be the most mature fruit in the fruit basket of Spirit-imparted gifts God has given me as a Christian (see Galatians 5: 22-23); but it is one that the Lord is developing in me by me letting GOD lead me, … again in HIS time and for HIS glory toward HIS legacy. I pray that God is allowing you to move toward YOUR legacy for HIS glory as well. Be patient. It’s worth it!

My Prayer Today: … Lord, oh how I dream for You to be glorified by what YOU lead me toward … even this day. Your timing, Lord … Your timing! Amen

No comments: