Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11, 2014 … When INTEGRITY Reigns

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 162

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear the group 4 Him singingThe Basics of Life, reminding Christians that we need to return to the Truth of God’s Basics as the right way – THE ONLY WAY – in life.
=============


 Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 15: 1-2 [NKJV] …  
1 LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? … 2 He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart;... 
 ============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalms 15 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 ... Psalms 1 [NKJV] … Go to this link

Reference Passages #2 ... 1st Chronicles 29: 17 [NKJV] …   
17 I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things; and now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here to offer willingly to You.

Reference Passages #2 ... 2nd Chronicles 7: 14 [NKJV] …   
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Reference Passages #3 John 8: 31-32 [NKJV] …   
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

My Journal for Today: Would you agree with the premise of the song, ”Back To The Basics,” presented by the group 4HIM and linked above, … that we need to get back to God’s basics as our only hope for revival in this world? Do I sense a consensus of “AMEN!” to my exhortation? Because I certainly believe in the truth espoused by the reality that only when INTEGRITY reigns in our world will we find God being able to heal our world (see 2nd Chronicles 7: 14 quoted above).

As my Our Daily Bread devotional for today declares, in no uncertainly terms, that we have broken from God’s “basics” in our world today; and as Jesus Himself declared, … only when we “… know the truth,” will The Truth (which, of course, is Jesus Himself) “… set us free.”


So, today’s exhortations from God’s word (i.e., “His truth”) challenge each of us to ask ourselves if we are living with INTEGRITY. Many of us know the definition of “integrity” (see photo #1). However, when we realize that the concept is the intersection of what we believe, what we say, and how we act (see photo #2), we are backed up to the wall of truth, aren’t we?

Well, at least I am. I’ll leave you and your conscience to deal with these challenging truths today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, pour Your grace into my life to help me live with integrity every moment of every day. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: