Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014 … Just Do it !!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 167

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please go the first video link to hear Kathy Trocolli singing the poignant and pertinent song I Will Choose Christ, reminding all Christians that our life is our worship and workmanship, reflecting the sacrifice which our Lord gave to us that we might be His forever.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: James 1: 22, … 25 [NKJV] …  
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. … 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: James 1:22 – 2:26 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1 John 14: 21 …  
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Reference Passages #2 Romans 12: 1-2 …  
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Reference Passages #3 Ephesians 2: 10 …  
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional focuses on the practical brother of Jesus and his logo-like phrase “… be doers of the word,” which, from James 1: 22, exhorted Christians to take their faith into the arena of life and to make it a “walk-the-walk” faith, rather than just a “talk-the-talk” type of faith.

In 1988 the sports equipment company Nike came up with their now famous “shoosh” logo along with the motto, “Just DO it!!” And the marketing campaign which followed took them from an also-ran in sports marketing to the top of the field. The Nike marketing emphasis was to call the sports enthusiast to come out from just being a fan to being a participant; and of course, to participate the newly activated couch-potato fan would have to purchase shoes, tennis rackets, golf-clubs, and all kinds of equipment to get involved; … and they did, … buying Nike equipment, and taking them from sales of less than a billion per year to over 9 billion in one year. And the Nike market-share has grown to one of the top sports companies in the world.

Today, my devotional photo is of that famous trademark Nike logo and motto; and the song, linked above, is Kathy Trocolli, singing I Will Choose Christ, which points the believer to choose to become a servant … to get out of the easy-chair of life and to get out their and become a “DOER” of the faith. It’s what Jesus commanded in Luke 9: 23 and (above) John 14: 21. It’s what the Apostle Paul exhorted believers in Romans 12: 1-2 and Ephesians 2: 10. And … it’s what Nike proclaimed in their famous motto. “JUST DO IT!” 

And the “IT,” in this case, is to live out our faith in the arena of everyday life. Now, the question which comes from my dip into the letter from James, … Jesus’ brother, … is … am I a couch-potato Christian; or am I out there – in the game – living out my faith in the worship and the witness of everyday life? Am I witnessing to my Lord’s sacrifice for me with my sacrifice of good works in His Name?

Yes, my fellow Christian, today let’s be in the game, wearing Christ’s uniform; and let’s “JUST DO IT” for our Lord!!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I’m in the game, for You everyday! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: